Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

how much time do you spend on the water?

I went back and reviewed my journal from last year.

I got out and fished only 42 time last year, down from 81 from 2002.

Last year we had so much rain, rivers and creeks were hardly fishable.

When they were I could'nt fish, between a 3rd degree sprained ankle and a broken finger.

I plan on making it up this year.

I had 76 flyfishing days on rivers and streams, 14 flyfishing days on ponds and little lakes.

Beside that I went spinning for asp and europe catfish for around 10 times...

Hey Salmonator...we goota get Steeldrifter out in the woods to hunt man. He loves fiishing but if he discovers hunting in all its glory we have a partner to share the cosat on the joint hunting fishing trip out west! IN MY MOTORHOME.

FishyNutz,

I Know of a nice little rustic campground just west of Baldwin with a huge beaver pond about 300yds. away. Did a couple of "cast & blast" trips up there last year durring the early goose season and the salmon run. Might just be the perfect time/place to introduce the boy to the shotgun. Fun stuff. Always welcome to join in. Just something to keep in mind. smile.gif

Al

I used to keep track and THEN my wife found my notes bugeyes.gif

I try to fish every weekend, but as of late the weather has not been conducive. Years ago this wouldn't have stopped me, but I guess I'm getting old.

I'm sure it's still around 100 days. Fly-fishing has helped me get away from "power fishing".

I fish smarter, enjoy it more and probably make fewer casts. Nothing like spending a few morning hours trying to fool the dumb ones. laugh.gif

Last year I got out about 25 times. I lose a lot of fall and early spring days because of my birddogs by I still manage to make it out. With any luck I'll get out a little more this spring with my daughter in Kindergarten now.

Last year only 15 days on the rivers, 2 days on the hard water and about 20 days chasing Walleye and Muskie on Lake St. Clair.

I need to double all those number in 2004!

Todder,

Get ahold of your buddy Gary "Koz" from the dart league. He's my regular fishing partner durring trout season. Taught the boy everything he knows (ain't much) . I'm sure we could improve those numbers if you're up to it. I hope to get his ass in the water alot more this year too. Any friend of Gary's is a friend of mine. Let us know.

Al

I'm lucky if I spend 10 days on a river each year. I usually spend a little more time on the lake at our cottage. It looks like this year I should be able to get a little more free time to fish.

Salmonator,

I'll definately have to hit the river with you guys. I've meant to fish with Gary, but haven't got around to it yet.

Only 11 more weeks to the trout opener. I think the count down is almost on!

Todd

I fish about 200 days a year. I'm still in school so i have a whole lot of free time. It also helps that I live on a lake, but in colorado when it gets cold there is always tailwaters to be fished and geese to be shot.

Last year being in the outdoors was about 150. Probably 120 was spent on the water. I know last year between sep 1 and oct 31, I was on the water everday. I only missed 6 days in between those times. I was on the water ever hour that I didn't have class. Plus I had to do some homework so that's the onyl times I wasn't on the water. This year I am aiming for 200 days in the field and streams. I imagine that won't happen though with this summer coming up.

I actually don't know for sure how many days I get out on the water. I am lucky to be involved in several fishing clubs which allows me to get in extra trips and meet other guys. I fish for steelhead pretty hard in the fall thru spring, then I turn to trout and smallies from spring to the fall. Luckily I am a teacher, (reason for becoming a teacher - summers and weekends OFF and of course to teach children). My summers allow me to get out and about and my wife thinks it is great that I have a hobby like this. Sometimes she goes with me. We just had our first child this past summer, so my days will be cut down a bit, but I will take her out with me. Her name is Madison, do I love fishing?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.