Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Howdy Folks!

Great site! I've been looking for something like this for a long time. I post in lotsa places, and the other name I use is longrodlarry. I've been asked why do I do this, but my other persopnalities won't let me answer.

I'm looking forward to shooting the breeze about tying and fishing with hook-n-feather! (Or hair)

I tie a lot, and I'll be adding to the post your fly forum. We'll make that thing enormous!

luvinbluegills,

Welcome to the forum! This forum is a little over 1 month old and we got a good start so far with a bunch of great fellas participating and we hope you make yourself comfortable and post often. If you got any questions feel free to make a post in the "Ask Jim" forum. Jim is a great guy and professional tyer and really makes a detailed response to any question directed toward him.

What part of the country you from?

I live in the fine, fine city of Pittsburgh Pennsylvania, and I fish the Allegheny Ohio and Monongehela rivers, and too many streams and lakes to count. If there's water, I'll throw a fly in it!

Luvinbluegills & I are probably already aquainted if he's the same longrodlarry from Riversmallies!

Welcome, this is another outstanding site, and it's great to see you found it!

That's me! Glad to be here and I appreciate the welcome.

The srteams that I fish most often actually hold both Smallies and Trout. It depends on the time of year which will bite more. One of my favorite streams, the Neshannock Creek in Lawrence County, is a delayed Harvest Artificial lures only Trout stream, which holds the consistently biggest Smallmouth this side of Lake Erie.

The Trout get pretty huge too. Big Browns and Rainbows, with the occasional Brookie.

Big monster Pike roll through there too, and they drivew the guys who stock this section nuts! Pike fishermen are always welcome. I've seen them up to 47" out of there.

On top of all that, there are HUGE Snapping Turtles in there. Which is something I didn't know until folks from the Pgh Post-Gazzette outdoors came up to trap some, and in one day came out with individuals from an 8" shell to a 27" shell!

Needless to say I immediately switched from sandals for wet wading, to Flats booties!

Damn glad to have you aboard!!! Love fishing for those monster gills here in Ky. And you're right, gotta watch for those snappers....had one old onery bastard try to take off a toe when i suprised him by stepping on his back in the Green River a few years ago!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this