Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Gregor

Rivers in Slovenia - Europe

Any of you been in my country(Slovenia in Europe) and perhaps fished for marble trout, brown trout and grayling on Savinja,Soca, Unica, Krka, Idrijca...?

If any of you has plans to come here, let contact me if needs some informations,advices etc.

I live 30 meters from Savinja, beautiful alpine river, with plenty of brown and rainbow trouts and graylings. Local record for brown trout is 85 cm and for rainbow 86 cm.

Best wishes!

Gregor

Hi Gregor,

Yes I been to Slovenia.

I fished the Soca and Adrijca last year and I'm returning at the beginning of June for a week .I only had a long weekend last year but I'm booked for a week this year.

Ashley

What fish interests you? Come and see Savinja, you will not be disapointed!

Except if you want to catch big marble trout, but in that case I recomend you Idrijca, not Soca.

You know I can't keep track of the countrys in Europe anymore.

I guess I better get a updated atlas, I can't seam to find Savinja on mine

Must because there dated 1972 dunno.gif

OSD.

From Gregor's pics, I can see that Slovenia as a destination is worth considering.

I'm with you Bob, I couldn't find it either. dunno.gif

Ooops I meant the Idrijca.I'm interested in the marble,big Grayling and wild rainbows.

For those who cannt find Slovina,its next to Italy(on the right or if travelling from UK go to Italy and turn left) biggrin.gif

Ashley

Well, Savinja is a river in my countrie - Slovenia.

Slovenia is between Italy, Austria ans Adriatic see.

How can that be - I mean, that you can not find it on atlas? bugeyes.gif

If anyone has a question, please ask. Would not like that someone though there is a war here or something simmilar biggrin.gif

You can see some more pictures of Savinja, me, my wife and trouts here:

http://www.flytyingworld.com/pictures.htm

These pictures are not very good and beautiful, because that is the part of the river that runs through our village, othervise there are places on the river, where you can see deers swimming across...

I will photo and publis better ones during this season!

Comments please!

great pics, Gregor. Beautiful water, beautiful fish, goregous lady...what more could you want? The landscape looks a lot like central Kentucky....very nice!

Welcome to the site and thanks for the pictures! That waterfall/dam is the kind of place where I would fish every inch, all day long, I love those things! That fish you're holding in the picture is the reason why.

By the way, at one of the radio stations I work for, we air a weekly program by and for Slovenian Americans! http://wpitam.com/programguide.asp?Day=1

Well, soon I will be posting some new pictures.

For those of you who do not know, where Slovenia is, think where was the first meeting of George Bush jr. and Vladimir Putin. It was right here, in my countrie, in Slovenia biggrin.gif

The man, who was first man that has swimmed through the river Mississippi, was Martin Strel, from Slovenia (he did it last year). And the countrie where the world record in ski-jumps was achiewed is also - Slovenia. biggrin.gif

Well, hope you know now. wink.gif

I any of you is coming here in future, please contact me, and we will go fishing together for big trout!

Best wishes and tight lines, but as Lefty Kreh says, not too tight wink.gif

Gregor,

Is Most Na Soci any where near you?

I'm staying at Vila Noblesa.Just wondering.

Ashley

Sign in to follow this