Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Gregor

Rivers in Slovenia - Europe

This is picture of Savinja in village Luče. It is quite small here, since is only on the beginning of it's way...

Savinja springs in Logarska dolina by the Rinka fall.

post-28-1083742516.jpg

In the winter time, in village Ljubno ob Savinji (this is where I live).

The water in winter is quite small, since the snow is not yet melting in the mountains.

post-28-1083742669.jpg

Here is a picture of our fishing club cottage. in winter time. We meet there, we have picnics etc. There is also restaurant there.

post-28-1083742956.jpg

And here is the picture of Savinja at it's spring.

It is called the Rinka fall. It is 90 meters high. Savinja actually springs couple of 100 meters before, it is called Okrešelj.

Enjoy...

post-28-1083743488.jpg

Beautiful place!

Any pics of Bistrica by chance? I love gong there, right at the head waters where the springs are and watching the trout swim around. From what I remmber you couldn't fish there though.

Nick sory, I have no pictures of Kamniska Bistrica dunno.gif

Some sweet pics. I was jealous just looking at them. I get to look at the dirty Allegheny river (near the city of Pittsburgh PA.). I am lucky to drive over it everyday on my way to work. Enjoy what you have.

One more... wink.gif I hope I will go fishing this weekend, I am pretty mad beacuse the water is unusually high for this time of year. dunno.gif ive_been_ripped.gif

post-28-1083871569.jpg

I will be in Slovenia in mid May (May 22- 24th) after business in Trieste (Trst) , and I am bringing my fly fishing gear since I have very little else to do. What rivers do you suggest? My buddy doesn't 't want to do the Soca, and we don't have our waders with us. Any suggestions for lesser known waters? Or less exp[ensive wayers? What are the legal requirements for foreign anglers? And where can we get licenses? We're American citizens living in Hungary and we would love advice!

Bob

Without waders I think that is practicly impossible to flyfish on any river here in Slovenija... Perhaps some lakes, but nothing special... dunno.gif

I think I will be able to rent waders from a Pension that we may stay at, in which case we would fish the Sava Bohinjska near the Lake. Any suggestions for flies or techniques suitable to this time of the year?

Sign in to follow this