Fly Tying
mtn

Whats the most expensive thing on your tying bench.

My divorce papers that I have near the table. That marriage only cost me about 20,000 dollars. :crying: Other than that probably this hen cape from Conranch:

IPB Image

It's about $45 worth of fun.

Mike

LOL!!! :hyst: :hyst: Great answers guys. I kept bursting our laughing as I read your answers.

As for me, it would be my copy of "Forgotten Flies". Definitely the most expensive fly tying related purchase I've made (and most expensive book I own). I'm really glad I bought it though.

So I just looked over my tying table to see what all things cost. The Digital SLR camera is the most expensive, but not really on the desk for tying per se (I've been playing around with depth of field on pictures of flies). Next is the table itself, and then my vice. After that necks, which are still under $30. So, for the most part, nothing on my table is more then $20. I'm sure many of you have already figured this out, but tying is one of those things that doesn't really cost a lot of money to get into, but ends up being a wierd type of collection. Overall I'm guessing there's about $2K on the table, but outside of those few pricey items I mentioned its all been purchase in $50 increments. I can't walk into a fly shop when I'm in tying mode without spending $50 (plus or minus $10). Like last weekend, all I wanted to buy was 3 spools of colored wire which should of cost a grand total of $5... $58 later I suddenly had another group of flies I wanted to tie for the upcoming bighorn trip.

Gotta love it!

bart

My Renzetti Master is worht more than my laptop.... Although I didn't pay full price for it. I got it at a going out of business sale. Marked 60% off... the stealof the century. I would have settled for a traveller. Being left handed it was the only Renzetti that is convertable other than the traveller.

for some strange reason, I keep my telescopic snake hook on my tying desk.

Now that I think about, there are so many other better places to put it.

Chris