Fly Tying
Alex C.

ATTN: Northern East Coast Fly Tyers

There weren't too many people who tied full dressed salmon flies in the area I lived in Michigan. Well I'm in New York now and found out DaveG isn't too far up the road, and was thinking it would be fun to form a group to get together monthly/bi-monthly to tie together for a few hours similiar to what Ronn has going down at his place on the west coast. DaveG suggested posting to see if anyone else in the area would be interested in this so here it is. I don't know of a city/place where we could meet yet, ideally we would figure it out once we knew who all was interested and have it in a central location to keep driving distances to a minimum.

Any interest?

Most Definately! Alex, come January ,Feb and March I'll be chomping at the bit. The weekends in the fall are already devoted to salmon and steelies. Count me in.

Dave G

I'm in Northwestern PA about an hour south of Erie. I would love to do this, but if all you guys are in Upstate NY, I don't think it would be feasable for me. All that aside, it sounds like a great thing. Keep me posted. -James D TB7

where abouts in upstate NY you talking about,I live in the Adirondacks so Im interested

I'm here in the Catskills and I would be game

The Catskill Fly Fishing Center might be a good place to hold this meeting of the minds.

Joe

oh heck yeh, I live in northern Vermont, and I love to get together with other tyers for a weekend of tying , drinking and telling lots of lies. Bill C. :P :D :baby: :bugeyes: :headbang: :headbang: :hyst: :o :yahoo:

Question for you guys who have lived in the area a little longer- based on the locations of the guys who have expressed interest so far, where do you think a good place to have this would be to keep everyone's driving distance's to a minimum?

Well I live in a little town called Chestertown in the Adirondacks and the local sporting goods store is getting a tieing club together for this winter,not steelhead or salmonflys particularly but evetone is welcome Hugh

Got a PM from a member here the other day about this and thought I'd bump it back up to the top to see how much interest we've got this time around.

The main issue that kind of put this on the back burner before was I was still green to the area and didn't really have my bearings yet. I have thought about this several times throughout the winter and think it would definately be worth a shot to do something like this. Maybe bi-monthly to start and then just let things grow from there.

I was thinking as far as location goes, maybe we could try to either have it in a central location, or possibly rotate them around to give someone a break from driving. Maybe hold them near a place that should be fishing good at the time :devil:

Tell you guys what, anyone interested just PM me and let me know what city/state you're in and I'll get a "mailing list" together for everyone. After that we'll try to find a location, and then decide on a date for our first meeting of the minds.

alex,

i'd happily show up for a little fun...although finding that centrally located spot will be somewhat trying...i'm in north jersey so my vote won't count...whatever is chosen...and right now i"m thinking western connecticut ...that's somewhere cnentral from nova scotia the adorondacks and westerm pa...(one hell of a big area) if it coinsides with fishing then we'll be killing two birds (actually a lot more than two)...with one ..

and as joe stated the catskill center and jim krull would love to have that group meet there, ...then there is the manchester museum southwest vermont about an hour from albany...

very wide area...if it does come to pass then maybe evry year there could be another location closer to other guys...

my 2 cents