Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
pickin6ofem

Ant Swap

:bugeyes: :bugeyes: GREAT SWAP JUSTIN!!! holy mackreal these ants are awesome!!!! thanks everyone!

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Yea I have to say I was really stoked doing this and thanks Jeff for getting me into this forum, as you know I'm hooked and the results of this swap were awesome, you were right when you said there was some talent here, I would stack theese guy's up against any other tyers!!! Justin :headbang: :headbang:

Got my flies today! Amazing, 15 days to get there and 2 to get back!! :bugeyes:

Everyone's flies are great! Thanks pickin for doing an awesome job!

BFR

I am back from vacation....recieved a great bunch of ants!!!!!!

I will post pictures of everyones later today!!! Thanks pickin6ofem for hostig !!!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

geo

I finally stopped by my mailbox and there it was, my early christmas present. :clapping:

I knew that there was a level of tying that I wanted to reach, properly/perfectly tied, exquisitely detailed flies - now I've got examples to show me that standard. You guys awed me with the quality of these ties. I am going to keep this colony of ants in a shadow box at my tying desk for inspiration and start working on some standard patterns and techniques to increase my skill level. Scuds and shrimp, at the moment.

So far, I have been trying to not use too many extra wraps and still don't know how to use a whip finisher yet! :dunno:

I'll have a look at Al Beatty's tutorials to get me going.

Thanks for the swap, the flies and the inspiration,

see you in the posts,

Bugcam