Fly Tying

March 26th-29th Baldwin Steelhead Outing

I use 5mm Neo's durring steelhead season and again durring the later part of the salmon run. Other than that I usually go wet from the trout opener to usually the middle/late part of of September. I guess if you like to wear waders all year, and are looking for an all season wader than I agree with the above. You can always layer up underneath when it's cold. Breathables would probably be my choice too in that case. Good luck.

Al

Any thoughts on what size I should get so as to allow enough room for layering? I wear size 10 shoes and that is how they size them. Maybe size 12 or are they already larger in the body in the size they are? Meaning a size 10 for me is the way to go.....

Thanks Shoe, off to do some sale shopping at basspro smile.gif Whats a good price? I know they are all different priced...... $70-$125ish range?

Breathables do fit generously, especially if using them in the spring with warmer temps and not much layering underneath.

Prices can range from $100 to about $400 and some change. Good luck. I believe it depends on how much you plan on using them. I fish with them throughout the four seasons (mainly fall, winter, spring), but being a member of some other fishing clubs, I also help do stream cleanups and I float stock 3 different streams. I use my breathables alot, so I paid a bit more for a better pair. I used to buy hodgeman's; a cheap pair and it was happening every year I was ordering a new pair. Got tired of it and broke down and bought a pair of simm's. I just got them less than a year ago and so far, I love them. Hope this helps and let me know what kind you get.

Good luck ph34r.gif

Ordered a new Cabelas combo Saturday night in an 8 weight so now all I need is the waders smile.gif Will be ordering them with the next paycheck so that I can get some that are of better quality. Thanks for all of the suggestions!!

Cabels Prestige combo came yesterday to school and I bout went to the gym to give it a cast or 2 smile.gif Got the taxes done last night and it looks like I dont have to get the cheapest waders out there, for once smile.gif Shoe, any word on when you need the deposit money?

As per our discussion last sunday ralf, I will bow out of this.

I may still be there but wont be staying with you guys as we have family that lives in fremont that we, or I can stay with.sorry for any inconvenience..............

Jerry

QUOTE (Old Injun @ Feb 26 2004, 05:18 PM)
As per our discussion last sunday ralf, I will bow out of this.
I may still be there but wont be staying with you guys as we have family that lives in fremont that we, or I can stay with.sorry for any inconvenience..............

Jerry

Does this include Sean as well????

Nice site folks!! Marked the dates down on the calender and might be able to help out with some lodging if needed sat or sun. I really would like to meet all of you and wet some lint. if the water is dirty make sure you have lots of olive!! Riverman

Nice to see you. Riverman probably knows these waters better than anyone else and can hopefully point us in the direction of some fish that weekend.

Wow, it's Kirk

Good to see you buddy headbang.gif

After Tuesday's conversation with you, I've decided to stay in Newaygo for the weekend. It kinda puts us within an hour of just about anything. A little birdie flew by and mentioned that Custer is open now and the "pullers" are taking fish. smile.gif

Keeping an eye on the flows and will decide by noon tomorrow.

How was the UP trip?

Would someone plese post directions or a web page of the lodging establishment? I have NO clue where we are talking about..... smile.gif Thanks!!

What river(s) will we be fishing? I dont know the area at all so am not sure by looking at a map which ones are conducive to fly fishing..... Thanks!!