Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
gill buster

hello out there

Hello everyone! New to fly tying since last christmas and everyone around here says I'm getting real good at it so I decided to set out and see if it was true. I'm fairly sure I'm the youngest if not one of the youngest tiers out there at 15 but I enjoy it alot. Not many trout streams here in Indiana so I fish mostly for bluegill and lately started trying for a few bass on the fly rod. I've been fly fishing for around a year and half now but not that many oppurtunities to fish since I don't have any wheels yet, but that will all change after this winter :D .

Welcome to the site GB. You are towards the younger end, bu we do have som under ten here! Look forward to seein some of your stuff and helping out when possible.

Hey, gill buster,

Welcome to the site. This is the best site that you could have landed on; tons of info, help, friendly advice, swaps and other stuff. Explore these forums out, jump in, have fun and be sure to share some pictures of your flies and knots. My son and I have tried out a few knots for fun, (monkey fist etc.)... There are quite a few knots that fishers can use and related web sites. Talk to you later!

I'm currently working on redoing my knot pictures since the knot site changed hands and lost all the old stuff and we got a new digital camera but heres a few that turned out ok on the scanner or cheapo digital camera.IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Whoo-wee, NICE work! B) We bought a bunch of fancy boat cord, (multi-colored) from Canadian Tire (pay by the foot stuff). Some we burned the end of the cord to finish it others we taped the ends of. I would like to see more knots whenever you have some to share. Leather cord might make an attractive effect, too. Thanks for posting those pics. I'll have to show my boy those!

Welcome young man. Knots and fishing go together hand and glove. Good looking knots. I too like knots. Had my son doing a knot board at the age of 6. He likes knots to this day. Good on you!!!!

jump in and have fun.

later

Fred

Welcome to the site gill buster! You are starting at the right age. With the pictures of the knots you've posted, I'm sure it wont be long and you'll be venturing into the rod building aspect of the sport also.

Duckydoty