Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Pennsylvania Trout Stream

Looks like I might have inherited a parcel of land in Pennsylvania, Location: First Fork on the Sinnemahonning river. My understanding is that it is rich with feeder streams and springs all along it's way. It's high country for sure and is in the mountainous area of Pennsylvania. Those that I have contacted regarding the property claim the area to be God's country. Although currently in probate, I'm certain at this point that I'll end up with it. I'd sure appreciate some feedback if anyone knows or has fished the area. Incidentely, if it all comes to pass, access for fishing/hunting/camping will be granted to all responsible members upon request.

Toddfather

That's a VERY nice area over there. I've been over that way a couple times but have never had the opportunity to fish that immediate area when I was there. The PA streams are definitely an interesting change of pace from the usual Michigan waters! You should really enjoy it over there.

TODDFATHER,

I so your post on HuntingPA also.

You will have numerous trout streams at your disposal. I was just up that way a couple weeks ago for a Coyote hunt. I have fished the First fork of the Sinnamahoing. It is truly a splendid creek !

I experienced my only blizzard hatch. There were Sulphers, Green Drakes, Brown Drakes, big BWO and Gray Foxes coming off all at the same time ! Every fish in the creek was rising, even the smallmouth. Later on, there was sulpher spinner fall. It was a glorious day of fishing. This was the weekend before Memorial day, down stream from the Warton Hotel. wink.gif

There are so many creeks in the area and with in a 1/2 drive you could not explore them all. From stocked creeks to native brook trout. Join the First Fork sportsman club, they are a great bunch of guys.

Not only will you have some of the states best fishing. You will also be able to hunt Bear, coyotes, deer, bobcats (with proper lisc) and grouse. You may also run in to the occasional PA Elk !

The closest grocery store is in Coudersport, 45 minutes away. Make sure you bring your beer and provisions to get by for a couple of days, that includes water.

Hope it works out for you, it is truly GODs county !

ps, Don't forget the Potter County wave biggrin.gif

Sign in to follow this