Fly Tying
DaUP

OUCH

That looks nasty, keep an eye on it.  That's one of the reasons I weed-wack in rubber boots.  

Can't say I ever stabbed myself fishing but was filleting a bunch of fish one time and the fillet knife fell off the table and stuck in my foot. Went through the sneaker and buried about a 1/2" in my foot. Washed it good and a bandaid was all needed.

I am in much agreement about the barbless hooks. I either buy them all that way now or pinch them off in vise. Bootow, the emergency in Grand Marais MN has or had a wall of lures they've removed from fishermen. That is the nearest hospital to much of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area and gets a steady stream of campers, canoers, and other fishermen.

daUP, at least you got some fish before the tragic hook in finger trick sent you whining to a doctor. I've seen Bill Dance rip hooks out of hand and arm and just keep on fishing, and don't you know the line under the hook, push down and yank trick?

On 9/26/2006 at 8:11 PM, Hot Tuna said:

Pinch those barbs down before the fact!

Hope you didn't damage anything.....

Hot Tuna

PS Mike....oooga boooga....LOL

Yes! Easier to remover from  the fish and you if needed. Was making a salad and but my right thumb real bad. Wife came from work and went to the doc-in-a-box. Three stitches with one through the thumbnail. $310 so you do the math. If I had thought I have a good supply of CA glue.

On 9/26/2006 at 7:37 PM, bootow said:

Did that with a treble hook in the mouth once.Nothing like being at the hospital with a rattle trap hangin off your lip. :(

They probably thought you were a Punk Rocker.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.