Fly Tying
Graham

Iraqi Camel Spider

Thank you Thom and Johan, The spider was really fun to tye, the hard part lately was finding the time to tye. It did take a while, and I'll sure be happy getting back to tying critters with six legs...

Wow Graham I'm impressed :bugeyes: I especially admire all of the naural materials you put to use in this one, anyone can take some foam or swiss straw and make them look real, but to use natural materials takes a real artist. Awesome, Awesome, Awesome :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Thank you so much, truly, all of you, I feel my realistic tying juices flowing again!!!! Your kind words really helped get me fired up to tye, it’s been a while since I’ve felt this way, and now I need to figure out what to tye next? I really have a lot of fun tying flies like some of the spiders I’ve done, with colorful feathers, but they are not truly realistic, instead just me enjoying tying up some materials. I just mounted the camel spider in a frame and will take a pic tomorrow with daylight.

Thanks again,

Graham

This is by and away the most far out, unbelievable, scary, really real looking, wicked, insanely good realistic tie I have ever seen. Graham you are a mad man!!! OFF THE HOOK!!!......no pun intended. Ashby must be overjoyed. A great GREAT work for a soldier worthy of such! Graham, thanks for posting this. Ashby thanks for protecting our butts!! MY HAT IS OFF TO BOTH OF YOU!!!!! -Jamie

Thanks James Daly, Now I'm blushing... I tyed this fly as a small thank you to Ashby for his time spent in dangerous locations helping to protecting our freedom. I took my time with this fly, only tyed when I knew I could have enough undisturbed time to really get into it, and hoped to send a fly I'd feel proud of, especially to one of our bravest.

Cheers,

Graham

Oh man... one truely one-of-a-kind unique piece of flytying art! There is just no one who ties like you do when you do it like this, the mix of syntetic and natural materials are awsome! Maybe I should come over and take over some of your regular work so that you will get more time at the vise beacuse we all want to see more of these flies :)

Ulf

Thank you! You're all making me feel proud to send this to Ashby. I really didn't like the deep frame I mounted the spider in, and bought a deeper one last night, and still trying to find a background, rocks and fly positioning that I like. But it is fun, like play time.