Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Fry Flier

Had to give up the Desk

Both my wife and daughter require the computer and desk for school so I had to give up my 7'x8' tying room with my computer 3'x5' desk with a 3'x2' wing or this ......................................................................................

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Oh well size isn't everything

That is a mobile desk at it's best! Shouldn't have any problem getting that to a TV for some fly tying/hockey watching ;)

Right now my "desk" is a small tv tray. It's worked for years, but I have a few boxes of stuff that don't tuck underneath it like yours do. I have a computer desk and a sewing machine desk both of which I could use, but i just have to get them put in place and set up. I'm thinking of using the sewing machine desk since it's one of those old kind where the machine swings up and down. I figure I could make something to swing my vise up and down so the kids don't get to it as easily.

Just remember, school doesn't last forever, but fly tying does......you'll get your desk back!

Have a bit more tying gear that is not part of the collective unit yet. Thinking about a second roller drawer unit with a top so as to connect them and give a bit of leg space. Just a hinged plywood top that will drop down when put in the corner.

That's awesome!!! I love it.

I just almost finished packing up my "Tying Room" haven't packed up the desk or portable drawers like yours, but I have 21 boxes of varying sizes packaged and sealed and 3 rollies like yours full, and a 6 drawer desk full to still pack up. I'm moving the end of the month.

I really like your idea though, I think I might just make up a tying table like that for rolling out in front of the TV with me. Cool Idea!!

Good Day,

You could build a desk like Day5 did in his basement. No spcae restrictions! If I lost my space it would consume at leat ten of those mobile units! Yikes!

Steelie

Fry Flier - I'm glad you posted this. I've always wanted a portable fly tying station that can carry 90% of the stuff that I'm going to use and your pictures have given me tons of ideas on how to accomplish this.