Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Alex C.

LRB/ Steelhead Box is Coming Along

Here are some pics of my steelhead/ lake run brown box I'm working on.

I ran out of the right hooks, but I am gonna tie 10 ice blue-10 chartreuse-and 10 flo. orange chrystal meths.

The small soft hackles in the 3rd and 4th rows up were tied by another forum member, and some of the caddis in the next two rows up were from various swaps.

IPB Image

Heres a pic of my streamers. I plan on tying some more of the black/olive conehead flies and replacing the large twin tail madonnas in the bottom right of the pic. Probably put a few more ESL's in that area too.

IPB Image

Here are some hairwings. Gonna tie about 15 or so more to add alittle variety. I have alo of confidence in hairwings for some reason.

IPB Image

And heres some better pics of some of the hairwings and one of my first attempts at a mysis shrimp

IPB Image

I got about 5 or 6 of a new stone nymph tied, soon as I finish the rest I'll post pics of them I might put some glo bugs in there, but I have absolutely no confidence in them so I probably won't waste my tiem n them. GOnna aslo tie up some more caddis type.

Thanks SD. I tied most of these this weekend, then I try to add 10 per night. These stones are slowing me down big time though, basicly a 25minute version of a realistic stone like in my avatar, but with zonker hairs for legs, and a dirty yellow colored belly. I should have it filled up by sunday night, making a trip to the fly shop to get some much needed hooks and a fe colors of sparkle braid I don't have on hand

I got about 5 or 6 of a new stone nymph tied, soon as I finish the rest I'll post pics of them I might put some glo bugs in there, but I have absolutely no confidence in them so I probably won't waste my tiem n them. GOnna aslo tie up some more caddis type.

OLB I almost always have a egg dropper when fishing for steel and salmon. Give that a try you will gain confidence quickly.

Those are some beautiful flies OLB. This may very well become my favorite part of the forum, salmon all the way!! Maybe when I get some more stuff tied up Ill start posting some of them here and only hope to come close to what you all can do. =)

Your selection of flies is really starting to take shape. Looks like you'll be loaded for bear.

I like the box. What brand box is that and where can I find one. I've been using soe of the Orvis foam boxes and I'm getting tired of half a dozen flies coming loose every time I open the box.

F2T

The box is a bugger barn they ard made here in the U.S.A they cost around 20 bucks you can get from alot of shops

you do a search on them and alot of places

FC

Alright just about all my eggs tied up. Need to tie up 2 other types that I'm gonna have to order materials for

IPB Image

Tied a few more hairwings to keep the 5 of each them going. Got the 2 small hair wing speys in the top row to finish up tonight while the game is on. Then I'm gonna fill the res of this side of the box up with random stuff that I just want to experiment with to see if it will work or not.

IPB Image

5 is my luck number. :lol:

Lookin Good, and so is the site!!!!! wink.gif

Thanks man, still got a lot of work to do, but now that I got this webcam I should be able to redo the videos I already did, and add a bunch more pretty fast and with bette quality. When I'm done with it it will be more of an educational site than a place to buy flies. Of course people can still buy flies through it :lol:

sweet flies....jst curious what that material is you use for the egg flies???

where abouts do you steelie fish being from the Albany area?.....I hit the Salmon river and a few tribs on the southern shore of Lake Ontario