Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Alex C.

Semi-Realistic Steelhead Stone

Heres one of my prototypes for a semi realistic fishable stone nymph. The pic below is pretty much how I'm gonna leave it, except I'm gonna have mono eyes, horse hair antennae, and some type of flowy feather or fur tied sparsely over the antron gills to give it some movement. I did one with all that stuff on it, and it took about 25 minutes, I'll have a pic of the full version in about 30 :lol: But I wanted to post a pic of it like this too in case someone didn't want to bother with all that crap :lol:

IPB Image

Looking good. Something over the antron will add a nice touch as well. I have a stone I do that I palmer a small hackle over the body to add some "buggyness" too thats somewhat simuliar and it works great for steelies :headbang:

I really like the look of that fly.. prehaps if you need some one to test it out you could send me a few and i will let you know how they work!

Lookin Good, and so is the site!!!!! wink.gif

Thanks man, still got a lot of work to do, but now that I got this webcam I should be able to redo the videos I already did, and add a bunch more pretty fast and with bette quality. When I'm done with it it will be more of an educational site than a place to buy flies. Of course people can still buy flies through it :lol: