Fly Tying
fly time

Problems downloading

Ok fellas, Im highly upset, I took a bunch of picts, but when I plug my camera in instead of the screen coming up automatically, I get nothing, it just makes the sound it normally does, and then nothing at all :help: Thanks in advance!!

Dustin.

Dustin, I'm probably the last guy you want answering this, but it may help just to check and make sure you're doing everything by the book (are your batteries fresh?) - it also might help to let everybody know what equipment and photo program you're using, as somebody may have experienced similar problems. There are a lot of experienced people here and I'd bet one of them has the answer. Good luck.

Hey Dustin, Are you conecting your camera directly to the computer, or taking the memory card out and placing it into a card reader? Either way, you might just need to make your connection, then click on My Computer, and choose your camera as one of the drive options. I know there is a way to have a window pop up whever a new drive is connected, or a disk placed in a drive, but I dont know how to make that change, without doing a bit a reading...lol...

With my Nikon I can program the set up menu to choose the way my computer interacts with the compact flah memory card, once the cord is connected. If I choose M for mass storage, a new window pops up on my screen and I can use the memory just like another drive. If I choose the option P, for PTP, whatever that means, but its the setting I use, the Nikon program starts when I connect the cord, and the photos are automaticaly downloaded. When I have the camera set to P, I can control and change all of my camera internal settings from my computer, but when set to M, I cant do that.

Im doing everything like I always do, I plug in my USB cable, to camera, and computer, it makes the sound that it normally does, and then the screen usually pops up, but now the screen does not appear. my camera is a Nikon cool picts, and my pc is a HP E Machine, if that helps :dunno:

If you click on "my computer" does it show the camera connected? If so, right click on the camera icon, then click on Properties, then click on the menu Auto Play. there are a couple of setting there. I used to have a CD player that would be recognized and auto activated, and somehow the auto activation got disabled. It can be restored.

Or, maybe the end of the USB cable is full of lint, or just a dirty connection?