Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Spring Steelhead trip to Erie Pa

Will and I plan on going to Erie Pa for the spring run of Steelhead.

Any one else interested in coming along are welcome. Including you Hubbard, President of NASA. laugh.gif

There is a chance we may encounter other specis as well in the tribs.

Large suckers, Smallies. Even Walleye at the mouths of the creeks at night feeding on the smolts. So be prepared for anything !

Once I get an idea of how many are coming. I'll post hotel information.

Hope to see you all, well some of you. wink.gif

need to set a date so I can plan the time off....plan on going barring any unforeseen catatstrophe or imprisonment....

Lance,

I'll wont get in to Erie until mid after noon on Friday.

Chris and Will may arrive early Friday.

Sucks you wont be able to make the weekend.

If the wife plans on traveling to Pennsylvania for brothers wife baby shower i will be down.If not i will be down the next weekend for opening trout season.Brother and i camp out Friday night up toward Kittaning,now don't qoute me i get the mixed up but i believe its Buffalo creek.I think it still may be our plans.

tt

I noticed you fellows mentioned Erie (steelhead) and Buffalo Creek (near Kittaning). I fish both Elk Creek and Buffalo Creek very much. I am two hrs. from Erie (mother-in-law lives there) and I live about 30 min. from Buffalo Creek. I fish Buffalo (mainly the DHALO sec) and I help stock it, being a member or Arrowhead TU. I am also a member of PA Steelhead Assoc. and I love to fish for those silver bullets. I do get up there often, except for recently. My wife and I had our first child, baby girl in July. We named her Madison. Can you tell I love to fish? If you need ANY info. about either, please contact me.

Kevin myself and probaly keith will hopfully be able to make the trip,if we can then we would probaly come up friday night and stay till sunday.

that is as long as will&chris arent in the room right above us again......the constant moaning and will's screams kept me up all hours of the night last trip bugeyes.gif

SD

will and I are going, if we are the only fools there!!! Steelhead baby!!!! OOOOWWWW!!!

The nice thing about fishing in the spring for those steelies is I don't see as many people as I do in the fall. I even encounter more guys in the winter season than I do in the spring. Plus, some guys go over to those ohio streams, since they have better spring runs than the pa streams, but that is okay with me. More fish for me!!!!! headbang.gif

I hope theres not as many people as we saw in jan. bryan...there were so many that it was even to much for a MI boy like myself,and we get pretty crowded here during the runs.

SD

That is why I fish for them from Sept. to April. The spring run, guys start fishing other species, trout on the delayed harvest areas and you have fish that don't look as pretty and the meat hunters don't like to fish and keep those ones (nothing personal to the meat hunters). You should have plenty of room to fish and enjoy the day.

One day I was up there and saw one other guy all day and I must landed (fair hooked) at least 15 - 20 fish. It was super cause I just walked the stream and fish every pool and run.

Bryanfly i will down that way the weekend of the 3-4 of April.Brother and a few are going to hit delayed section of Buffalo one of the days.aaaaaaany good advice would help.First year down there with fly rod.Will also be back down for opening trout weekend.We uasally camp Friday along creek,fish it then spend later part of day and sunday along the strech to pet's hole.If you fish there you know pet's hole.

Last year above there in small rapids on 2 pound test and maggot caught myself a 22 inch rainbow.Any hintful info.would be great.

tt

Bryanfly i will down that way the weekend of the 3-4 of April.Brother and a few are going to hit delayed section of Buffalo one of the days.aaaaaaany good advice would help.First year down there with fly rod.Will also be back down for opening trout weekend.We uasally camp Friday along creek,fish it then spend later part of day and sunday along the strech to pet's hole.If you fish there you know pet's hole.

Last year above there in small rapids on 2 pound test and maggot caught myself a 22 inch rainbow.Any hintful info.would be great.

tt whistling1.gif

TT, I should be float stocking the DHALO section sometime soon. I believe this upcoming week (or next week possibly). I can't wait, love to fish it. Let me know for sure what day you will be there and I will try to run up and fish with you. I like to use nymphs, but streamers work well. I have caught some brownies in the evenings with dries. Hope to fish up there with you. banana.gif

Sign in to follow this