Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Spring Steelhead trip to Erie Pa

Damn, Chris.well, it looks like we may have to go without the Spoon chuckers this time, WIll!!:D

Dont worry SK if i get to go i'll bring the biggest damn daredevil money can buy and stand right next to hubbard casting it right over him tongue.gif

I am a welder so maybe i'll just get some 1/4" steel and make my own ta bring....anyone know what size leader will work on a 24" long spoon? laugh.gif

bet I can cast it on my 5 wt!!!! biggrin.gif Besides you won't leave the "Steve Hole" long enough to worry about messing with me.....

WHATEVER...YOU SAY THAT NOW, BUT BY THE SECOND NIGHT, YOU'RE LIKE, "PLEASE BIG DADDY, SHOW ME SOME LOVE!!!"

I AIN'T FALLIN' FOR THAT AGAIN!!!

Where are you guys heading the Elk or Walnut? I usually fish the Walnut a couple times a year close to the docks but everyone has to take turns casting it is so crowded. I can't imagine having room to false cast there.

Conditions will determine what creeks we fish.

The smaller creeks, Crooked, Racoon and mile creeks run off faster than Walnut and Elk. And some of them will run off faster than others.

With all the snow they still have it and the warmer temps coming.

Who knows dunno.gif All I know is Im gonna catch me some steelhead !

Hopefully the melt will begin this week and barring any major rain, the creeks should be in good shape, if not high....I don't mid high water...I don't mind a little yellow water...but high and yellow will be tough on the larger flows....no matter...I plan on fishing like a madman anyway.....tested some egg colors this weekend (KY mountain trout)in some very dirty water...Fucshia worked like a machine and accounted almost all of the fish....chartruese was just close to the water's color and didn't take the first fish, but red buggers and eggs did well....Fished for three hours...took 15 or twenty trout, a few natives included....now I have a better idea of how the eggs drift and what colors will suit what conditions.....I'm more than ready to hit the stream!!

Can't wait to get there Wednesday....ooops! Let that slip didn't I?

I hope to join you guys on the 3rd. I was gonna come up earlier but I've been snagged for some events so I can't get away.

And...

...being the manly man I am...

...I have no idea what "fucshia" is.

smile.gif

Sign in to follow this