Fly Tying
Alex C.

Plotterkill Falls, NY

Spent some time hiking the Plotterkill Falls ara of upstate NY this morning. Took lots of pics, heres a few of the upper falls area. Bout a 60' drop

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Wicked spot. Now you know where to go next summer to beat the heat. I even know where I would set my beer. Great shot of the valley in fall colours

Thanks guys, yeah it is pretty beautiful here, lots of places to still explore. There are actually 3 different falls about this same size within a mile of each other along the Potterkill. We found each one yesterday and had a nice day spending time outside together. The highlight of the day though was climbing out of the gorge that these pics were taken in :lol:

We could have walked back downstream and up a retty easy to go up trail up the hill to get back out, but instead I had the brilliant idea that we should climb out to save time. Well we get about half way up and my daughter and wife really started giving it to me that this was the stupidest thing we'd ever done, and I'm an idiot, gonna get us all killed, etc. The hill was about 80-100 feet up at about a 70* angle. None of us had hiking boots on, and the ground was tough to get any kind of traction on, so here we were, a family of four, bear crawling up this hill, boosting each other up, pulling each other up over boulders, and grabbing onto every tree root we came across till we finally made it to the top.

Thats when I looked back down for the first time and realized how stupid it was, but hey, we did it, and know that the next time we go there, we should take the long way out :lol: