Fly Tying
stony

I figured it out

I can use a whip finisher now. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Yes yes yes, I am very proud of myself.

Congrats, Stony. While some folks can tie off thread neatly and quickly just with their fingers, I do find that a whip finisher makes the job easier and cleaner for me.

Bill

Whip finishers are a great tool. Funny thing is alot of people have a hard time figureing them out, and I was one of them. I tied for about 14 years without useing one because I never could figure it out. Then 3 years ago a friend showed me how and I thought to myself "you gotta be kiddin' me, thats it?" use it on every fly now ;)

That's what I thought. I have only read the books and looked at the pictures. I could never figure it out so I just gave up. I basically just made little whip finishes using the end of either my bodkin or a ball point pen.

Then I found this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFDjS-UuJVA

I love it. It's so freakin' easy.

Whip finishers are a great tool. Funny thing is alot of people have a hard time figureing them out, and I was one of them. I tied for about 14 years without useing one because I never could figure it out. Then 3 years ago a friend showed me how and I thought to myself "you gotta be kiddin' me, thats it?" use it on every fly now ;)

Thats no big suprise Steve!! :hyst:

Congrats stony, now you will see how much more durable your flies will be!!!

I learned on a thompson in the 60's, then went to a few others..Now i have 3 different ones i use plus my hands...Each one has its place... :bugeyes: