Fly Tying

Hi to all,

I had been searching the web for a site that would give me an edge when it comes to my favourite hobby fishing and tying flies for wild brown trout.

As I live in Ireland were we have great stocks of wild brown trout in both rivers and lakes through the country, and while we have a good range of standards flies for the both types of location I was on the lookout for some patterns that I could adapt for competitions, when I came across this web site.

May I say that it is superb, and hopefully through the forum I can obtain some ideas and tips which will help me develope some new winning patterns and also to exchange information with follow anglers.

Welcome to the FTF Mike.

I think many of us share your passion for catching wild brownies, I know I do, and it would be nice to learn about the flies used in Ireland.

Cheers,

Graham

Welcome to the forums, Mike

You are right, this site is superb! Advice, friendships, support, pics, contests and lots of fun. I hope that you will share your flies, your pictures and fishing adventures with us. There is so much to explore in these forums, jump in and enjoy!

Catch you later.

Welcome!

Our browns here in Montana are just about ready to run up the tributaries and spawn....would love to see Irish patterns.

Hello and welcome! I look forward to seeing what you use as a usual pattern for Browns in your part of the world. I grew up fishing for them, but have been away from most of the brown inhabited waters for a few years. Maybe going on Tuesday though! :)

Welcome aboard Mike!

Look forward to seeing and hearing about some of your tying/fishing tales.

Mike A.