Fly Tying
oatka

Bee: Free to a good home

So, a week ago my wife calls me at work and says there is a huuuuge bee in the basement. I of course have to believe her since I'm not home to see for myslef. Well, I get home and take a look, sure enough, this bee is huge. So, being the man of the house, and considering my wife is pregnant, I have the duty to remove the bee. So, I try one technique, and I failed. I try another one and get the bee trapped in a garbage can with a cupboard door trapping it in. I slip off the door and place a plastic bag over the garbage can and I'm running upstairs to free the bee into the great wide open. After about 10 seconds the bee sees it's chance and makes a run (a fly?) for it. He's finally free.

You'd think it would end there.....but it doesn't.

A day or two later that bee is back IN THE BASEMENT!!! we have no idea how it's getting in, or why. But it's there. So, the first person to show up at my house can have this bee, for your collection, or dinner for all I care, for FREE. That's right, for FREE. Not much in life is free anymore but here is your chance. Plus, if you'd like, I can take you fishing and you can watch me catch nothing, since that's been my luck lately. My son oufished me 3 to 0 saturday. Good for him, especially since he got his feet wet, oh and lost his fly.

no pictures, should have known someone would ask. probably the size of a quarter, but my wife says a 1/2 dollar.

oatka-

Okay, that would be a queen Bumble Bee, likely Bombus fervidus. Perhaps it was (repeatedly) attempting to overwinter in you basement, which it may have somehow entered via a rodent tunnel or some other avenue.

Well, I spent about an hour or so in the basement last night, and no sign of the bee. If it turns up, then maybe someone can have it. But, my brother in law who often sleeps in the basement, says if he sees the bee, it wont be taken alive.

Here is an interesting story for you. The other day, I got bit by one of the biggest bloodworms I have ever dug up . Right between the fingers where they meet the hand. Very tender spot. My hand went numb, and it hurt like crazy.

The next day it was pouring rain so I did not chance the dirt road and had my drive drop me off. I decided to cut through a field rather than walk the road. The field meets the woods. At the edge of the woods were about 40 domestic bee hives. I tried to walk around them but was stung right between the eyes. They were all over me so I took off running. With full rain gear on my hands and face were the only place I could get stung. I was only stung once. The worm bite was way worse.

I have been bitten by worms a lot over the years, the big worm bite was nasty. You have a big bee, I definitely do not want it

Congratulations Joe Hard, YOU WIN! My wife has told me she has caught it (again) and it's waiting for me at home. I will package it up and ship it to you for only $2,468.97. Payable in cash, small, unmarked bills.

Great doing business with you!

:D

O.K. here is my addy and I hope you have Patience, as it will take anywhere from 6 to 8 weeks for approval of funds. Then another 6 to 8 weeks to decide weather to make a cheque or direct deposit. Here is my addy;

Stephen Harper

80 Wellington Street

Ottawa

K1A 0A2

Make sure the bee is in good shape and in a real bad mood!

Stephen Harper , (Canada's Prime Minister)

:hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

:bugeyes: WHAT THE........

That would be a nice gift for anyone!