Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
pallagust

Frances - Icelandic salmon fly

Hi guys

This is my first post in this forum and I just wanted to share with you one of the best atlantic salmon patterns here in Iceland. This fly catch up to 40% of all salmons cought on rod here in Iceland. It can be tyed black, white, green, orange but red and black ones are the best...

Enjoy...

IPB Image

Hi

Tail fibers are made from trimmed hen neck feathers. It adds some extra motion in water. I prefere to use stiff, long fibers. I have seen this fibers made from peccary hair but it tends to break in the fly box.

Hi guys

This is my first post in this forum and I just wanted to share with you one of the best atlantic salmon patterns here in Iceland. This fly catch up to 40% of all salmons cought on rod here in Iceland. It can be tyed black, white, green, orange but red and black ones are the best...

Enjoy...

IPB Image

Hi Pallagust

Nice frances

Sometimes a simple pattern outfish all the complicated patterns.

I have heard a lot about this fly but only tried it a few times in Norway and Russia without luck.

Do you use it yourself and if where in Iceland do you fish.

regards

Jens

Hi Jens

I use this fly alot and I use it in every salmon river I fish at. Mostly I use red or black and it also catches a lot of brown trout and arctic char. Most popular size is 12 but in the spring and the autumn I use tubes up to 1". There is also another fly here in iceland that is very popular and it is called Snælda. I will post a picture of it soon.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this