Fly Tying
Mustang Mike

Off topic but ...

I don't know about you guys, but I wish I had a buck for every time I had my fly rod fall over when I'm getting set up at my car to get ready to fish. I have been looking (for MONTHS now) for some type of magnetic holder for my rod(s) when I am tying flies, tippet, etc by my car.

I saw a small magnetic rod holder several months ago in one of the fly fishing magazines (Fly Fishermen??) that had posted a real small snippet about a magnetic single rod holder that you could attach to your car. I gave the copy to a "buddy" who prompty gave away the magazine! (AAGGHH!!) :wallbash: I also found a review of another version, on line, that was larger, a Tightlines Magnetic Car Rod Holder.

All that having been said, where the heck do I find either / both of these items?? :dunno:

I just use the door. Lay the reel end on the seat with the tip hanging out the door and let the door go closed. Ta da! The reel never hits the ground (or the water).

by door do you mean window. because at first i thought wou meant close the door on the rod. that was a scary thought

Those little U shaped plastic covered magnets work great for leaning a rod against a car and not having it blow over. I keep one in my vest.

Yeah, I did mean door. Just a little sarcastic humor. Sorry, I forget that not everyone picks up on my sarcasm all of the time.

Sarcasm aside, the open window is a good idea.

Great service from Tightlines! I mistakenly placed a double order for the rod holder and I was contacted by Wayne who immediately corrected MY mistake! I highly recommend these folks!