Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Jens Lund Adamsen

Purple tube

Joe, I was typing my posting while you were submitting your second posting (about the hair cuttings from your sister).

I will keep my eyes on the trading floor postings in the future in case you ever get some real "temple dog" hair... ;)

hi guys

just to show a conehead tube fly in a steelhead version.

post-3635-1162498453_thumb.jpg

regards

jens

Jens can you give instructions as to what materials you use to tie this fly. It looks amazing and I cant wait to tie a few up.

One quick question on a seperate note... have you ever had issues with junction tubing not breaking away? I recently made a tip up steelhead fishing and had two solid takes on the swing. In both instances the tubing did not break away. I have never had this happen before I also lost both fish in each instance.

Thanks

Jens I will look forward to patterns you will be posting in the future.

hi guys

regards

jens

Jens can you give instructions as to what materials you use to tie this fly. It looks amazing and I cant wait to tie a few up.

One quick question on a seperate note... have you ever had issues with junction tubing not breaking away? I recently made a tip up steelhead fishing and had two solid takes on the swing. In both instances the tubing did not break away. I have never had this happen before I also lost both fish in each instance.

Thanks

Hi

Here is the dressing:

Tube: Orange FITS tube system

Tag: Dark purple oval tinsel

Tail: Purple SLF hanks

Rear body: Gold flatbraid

Front body: Purple SLF

Hackle: Purple cock

Rib: Oval silver

Wings: Pink and Purple Artic fox

Head: Black cone

To your second question I am not really sure what you mean Is it the silicone tube holding the hook or??

Jens

hi guys

regards

jens

Thanks

Hi

Here is the dressing:

Tube: Orange FITS tube system

Tag: Dark purple oval tinsel

Tail: Purple SLF hanks

Rear body: Gold flatbraid

Front body: Purple SLF

Hackle: Purple cock

Rib: Oval silver

Wings: Pink and Purple Artic fox

Head: Black cone

To your second question I am not really sure what you mean Is it the silicone tube holding the hook or??

Jens

Jens

Thanks for the recipe I cant wait to tie some up!

My second issue I was using KMNH 1.25 tubes with junction tubing. The junction tubing is slid over the 1.25 tube the hook is tied to the leader that has been passed through the tube and is then held in place by the junction tubing.

In most instances with Trout steelhead and small mouth once the fish hits the hook breaks free of the junction tubing. In my last outing the hook did not separate from the junction tubing.

Hope this clears up my question... either way thanks for sharing such awesome patterns!