Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Flytyer-1

Lemon and Blue

I was asked to tie a fly for a club in Texas for their fundraiser. I had planned to tie this fly (the Lemon and Blue) at the British Fly Fair, but due to flight delays, I never made it to England. So I decided to use the vacation day to tie it at home.

I hope that I will have the chance to attend next year. Great to hear that it was a success!

All the Best from Nashville-

Stack Scoville

post-574-1162825431_thumb.jpg

Pretty colors on this one Stack. Hate that you missed the show but I wish we could get a report from someone who was there.

Thanks for sharing this beauty.

Love the Irish patterns, and yours is gorgeous. As a relative rookie to the world of classic salmon flies, they combine beauty and (relative) simplicity. My copy of Malone is getting dog eared. The Lemon and Blue is on my list of patterns to tie, and now I have a model to work from.

Ain't flying fun these days?

Leigh

Hi Stack,

Sorry you didn't make the show. That is an awesome fly!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: Whoever ends up with it will be very happy with it I am sure.

Hi Stack, bummer the UK trip was a bust for you. :( The fly is awesome and it gets added to my file folder of your work. :)

Beautiful fly, Stack! I'm a big fan of the Irish patterns too (with a surname like McCoy, it seems to come naturally), and love seeing them so well done.

John

Awesome fly but that wing....wow that wing is crazy.

Very nice and a fly that I now want to tie.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Gary

Stack,

What a beautiful fly with so incredible colors ... the blue with green is superb. Wonderful

Sorry that you missed the bff.

All the best

Bruno

Thank you, one and all.

Actually, Bruno, the throat is a lemon yellow, therefore the name. I shot the photo under a Daylight Bulb, but in my haste, I did not set the white balance on the camera. Live and learn!!!

All the Best from Nashville-

Stack Scoville

Stack,

Sorry you didn't make it to the BFFI 2006. It was a fantastic show and I was looking forward to seeing you there. Mr. Cooper and gang did a splendid and most professional job in organising the fair.

Hope to see you at the next one.

Greetings from Ireland,

Peter Dunne (aka. Pedro)

Bad luck for the flight delays, though great fly.... I wish i could tie as good as that.

Theres always next year.

Chris

Hi Stack,

Excellent fly, great body and winging work on this beauty.

It's a shame you didn't get to the British Fly Fair because everyone missed meeting a real gentleman and not forgetting a wonderful tyer.

All the best Davie

Sign in to follow this