Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Linesides

UNI stretch?? Anyone tried it yet??

Title tells it all, has anyone used any of this stuff and if so whats it like?

How does it handle,etc.

If this stuff can replace 4 strand floss I will get it.

Dave

Uni stretch is awesome. It can be used like any other floss. Even in a boobin. I use it a lot for underbodies, as well. Can be split to make dubbing loops. Great colours I find it presty tough compared to other floss. Meaning it can take a lot of burnishing, like I said great for smooth underbodies and smooth "like glass" bodies. If I can use it in place of floss I will.

I use it a lot to replace floss.....works very good for nice smooth bodies...or overlapping can give a rib effect.......I've used it as the thread also on small scud hooks....and I have to say it is great until you go to whip finish....it's hard to get a perfect looking knot......but that's me personally.....only other down side is if you knick it on the hook point it can fray preftty bad......but I'm sold on it and use it a lot

It works great as a post for paraloop (pulled forward hackle) style patterns as well. With a tiny drop of cement, it seems to take a lot of chewing without tearing up.

IPB Image

The tag and rear half of this fly is Uni-Stretch floss. I really like the colors it comes in and looks great on a fly.

IPB Image

It is great. In addition, you can twist it to make it flat. It then lays down in a nice thin layer. Looks great and bright vibrant colors. Unlike floss, it does not darken as much when wet.

cheers,

Michael