Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
siestafred

Glass Minnow Clouser

That's really cool, The corbina and the surf pearch in so cal will tear that up!!!

Yeah, Also add somemore Flash to the Wing and you Know the California Halibut will wolf it down as well... :D

DEAN ~~~ B) B)

Well, I guess you'd be right, it's not much different from that Crazy Charlie.

I'm not into plagarizing though, and the honest truth is that I tied my fly without ever having seen or fished a Crazy Charlie. I guess I've seen pictures somewhere at one time or another, but I'm fairly new to saltwater fly fishing and I was just experimenting with different ideas and this fly came out. I mostly tie Clousers and I was looking for some variations that might work better for nighttime Snook fishing.

Sorry about that !

:)

It's nothing to worry about, many patterns these days are variations of other things - often through independent convergent evolution.

It's a great looking fly. If you want it to be more of a clouser minnow just add some sparse bucktail tied in forward of the eyes and then tied down the hook shank behind the eyes. wrap your body material over that and finish as you have here. A clouser has the eyes a bit farther back also.

You'll have 2 killer patterns if you tie some like that!