Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
colbyjack

lets talk camera's!!!!

ok will try to make this short. i bought a sony cyber shot 5.1 mega pixle camera 2 years ago. im not a warrenty man, but i bought the 4 year PSP warrenty from best buy $59.99. the camera took great pics for a point and shoot. (youve seen some of the pics ive posted) over the last 2 years the sony has been dropped twice on the concreate. mailed in and they re built it and got back with in 2 weeks. the other time during a jeep safari way too much dust jamed it up and broke something. again they fixed and ot it back to me. last week i was using it and the lense wouldnt shut. i mailed it in again. (decent camera im just hard on it and put my camera thru alot of 4 wheeling and harsh elements.) i got a call today from best buy. they said come on in under there PSP plan the 4 time means i get credit for a comparable model. ok i went in and couldnt find some thing i wanted for no more money. i was messing with a sony 10.1 mega pixle camera which cost alot more than my 5.1. he said follow me to the service desk. he did a PSP swap out for my faulty camera. so i walked away with a 10.1 mega pixle camera. touch screen 3" view....... :headbang: arrrr arrr arrr. ok i get home charge it and try to stick my 512mb stick into it. ooooops it dont fit. so i go back to best buy and told the guy. he said well that stick you got cost alot more then, than it does now. any way he said hed give me the $100 credit toward a new stick. so i paid $32 for a 4gb memory stick....... :bugeyes: :headbang: heck yeah so best buy set me up. twice the camera, more than twice the stick and for $32. they let me take out a new PSP on this one good for 4 years. but with a twist they now offer a accidental breakage planr for $89 instead of the normal PSP for $59. so i did that since they hooked me up on the camera. i can now take 796, 10.1 mega pixle images on my camera, or 1500 5 mega pixle pics...... :yahoo: so the lesson of this story. the warrenty paid for it self not only on the past broken cameras i got a better one. best buy hooked me up fat, probably as fat as a $2 steak. -chris

Sure sounds like you had a great experience with Best Buy, and the new Sony 10mp cameras rock! I had a similar experience with a laptop from Best Buy, and they traded it for a newer more powerful model. I think Best Buy fully appreciates the value of repeat customers as well as stories like yours, which help direct new consumers to retailers with the best service. Best Buy also has a nice selection of cameras to choose from.

I believe Best Buy has probably the best 'electronics store' customer service around. I used to deal with Circuit City, until got jacked around from them, talked to the asst. manager, and lastly e mailed their district mgr. and still got nowhere!

So i went to Best Buy, bought everything i needed and then some (they even gave me a free warranty on the camcorder i bought because they over heard my wife talking to me about the bad expierence we've had :blink: ). I then copied the receipts and sent it along with a few others from friends then sent a thank you card to the district mgr. at Circuit City (along with the receipts) for taking care of me. :lol: