Fly Tying
fly time

I hate leggs

Just as the topic says, I hate leggs, I tied another stone today, well actually lastnight and today, but anywho, the body is good, but the leggs screwed the whole thing up, it looks like a cross between a spider and a stone <_< I am just diving into realistics, and am having so much fun in trying them, and I am having some serious trouble with the leggs on everything I tie, other than Jap. nymph leggs, what do you guys use??? wood broom bristles break too easy, I found out!!! so please :help: Thanks

Dustin.

What the hell happened to the tail though :unsure:

You better show us the fly that it was used on :hyst:

FlyTime, I'm with you. I have been working on "art" versions of a stonefly, I make progress, and then I come to the legs, and it's like hitting a brick wall... very frustrating.

I struggle with the leggs on every realistic pattern that I tie, Im gonna try some stainless steel wire, and see what I can do with that!!!

Pick up Paul Whillock's book "Flies as Art" It will answer all your realistic tying questions and get you started the right way. You can always adjust his techniques to match your style, but his ideas are very sound!

Good luck with your legs.

Pick up Paul Whillock's book "Flies as Art" It will answer all your realistic tying questions and get you started the right way. You can always adjust his techniques to match your style, but his ideas are very sound!

Good luck with your legs.

I cant afford it :dunno: