Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Stocked up yet???

Just wondered if everyone is stocked up yet for the spring? i think i have probaly close to 200 flies tied so far this winter.

Everyone else gettin along well on the "stocking" yet.....winter is getting closer to being over with a little luck!

SD

Every winter I have great plans for stocking up. Never seems to matter, I'm always tying something the night before I go out.

Bamboo

You'd think I'd be ahead with all the swaps here and other boards but I fish few of my swap flies, most I use for patterns. I'm almost ready but always find a new pattern that I just have to have for the box (thanks alot guys just keep posting more patterns LOL).

Fatman

I'm no were near stocked up.Been mostly doing swap flies and trying new stuff.I'm waaaay behind and the season starts 3rd march.

Not even close. Taking college classes three nights a week after work really cuts into my tying time. Another ten weeks and I'm done! smile.gif

Mike

I am actually lucky that I tie with some guys from one of my trout clubs every monday night. We joined some little beer drinking social club and meet there to tie and drink beer or should I say drink beer and tie. This has been the best my box has been stocked. My barrels are stocked and loaded. bugeyes.gif

My steelhead boxes are starting to look pretty good, but I just took a look a my trout flies the other day and it wasn't pretty. Must have put a couple boxes away wet. Lots of rust. Lots of "throw-aways". Got my work cut out for me.

Al

Im set for the steelhead, but have some work to do in the trout boxes. I got a bunch of new streamers I want to tie and then there is the emergers I got to get at. I got all of my bead head nymphs and wet flys ready to go though. Then there are a few new hex patterns and drakes I want to tie up. I got to stop ice fishing and get tying one of these days!

Can you ever have enough. I lose so many during steelhead season anyways. I also try and stock my dad and brother as well for both steelhead and trout as well. It's fun though keeps me busy.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.