Fly Tying
knoxy

Grafix Dura-Lar

Just wondering if anyone knows where you can get some of this great looking material in the unired kingdom. Its the only realistic winging material that i've heard of, so would like to get my hands on some!! :D

Thanks

Chris

Good Day,

Although it is possible it may be called something different in the U.K. I am pretty sure you will find the same or very similar product as it is still used quite a bit in the graphics arts. Therefore I would first check with suppliers of graphic art supplies then to craft or general art stores. Sometimes here in the States I have seen it at office supply stores as well. Try graphics arts first. Even a local university that has such a program may be able to point you in the right direction...

Steelie

Each of my local art stores have Dura Lar in stock, comes in note-pads sized 9"x12". I have the art store cut the pad with shears down to 8 1/2" x 11" so it fits in my printer. I also keep the thin remnant strips.

Lamanating Sheets (the kind that only get sticky when you heat it up)work very well

Scratch Lines in it with a bodkin for the wing veins

Color with a permanent marker and thenb wipe off with a paper towel

Cut to Shape

Tie in

Fly Tyer Guy

Almost forgot to tell you on the laminating sheets they have a shiny side and a dull side, You want to sratch the lines in the dull side (it does not work on the shiny side)

Fly Tyer Guy