Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
tompa

GH and S&G Templedogs

I caught the end of Jens lession last night, very instructive :D

I decided to transform towo old patterns into templedogs myself using orange rubberlegs to substitute the tippet. So here they are the Tompa versions of Green highlander and Silver & Grey.

Both for clear water, one for sunny days and the other one for cloudy days.

My webcam will arrive sometime in the week and I'm planning to host a lession in how I tie the templedogs using multiple wing setting to get as much silhouette as possible without bulking up the wing.

I will be tying the Frödin pattern Mikkeli Blue wich I'm sure I have posted on the forum before.

I hope someone will be intrested :D

Tight lines...always

//Tompa

post-1781-1163955279_thumb.jpg

post-1781-1163955309_thumb.jpg

Nice ties, I like the rubber legs, realy never thought about adding them to a salmon fly. I am sure there will be a lot of interest in the temple dog class.

tompa - Beautiful flies! I had not concidered using rubber legs on this style fly before, but I'm sure it would be effective. Very creative...I like them...

I will keep my eyes open ( :bugeyes: ) for your VFT class. Hopefully you can set up a day/time when I can attend (I am in the Eastern Time Zone of the US).