Fly Tying

FTOTY Status

FTOTY Status  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well I finally got my fly in the mail. Only entered one category this year. Just not enough time to tie. It's a shame as I'd really like to get more flies into the contest.

Will, I really hope you like this one. I figured that if I was only to do one, to do it up!!!

Hope you are getting a good turn out this year.

Damian

Just like last year, It's less than a week until the deadline and I have nothing(no flies and little inspiration to tie) <_< It's gonna be close,will start tying this weekend and hope to come up with something good.I will try to enter some flies anyway cuz it is fun :P.Hope I wont have mailing problems like last year..

Good luck tying everyone, and Happy Holidays !!!

Good Day,

Well, fourteen patterns tied up and packaged. Should be in the mail later today. Hey Will, I hope you like the way I packaged everything. Each fly in a separate bag with the pattern recipe in the bag too. Then separated those that need special photographic attention vs. those that do not. Packing list on the top... Man, I don't think I have sent such a large box of flies before! Haha...

Steelie

Well I did an official count and as of right now I have received 32 sets and 176 flies. If I get a set from everybody who voted in this thread we should be somewhere around 300 which is way more than last year. Hopefully they really start coming in the next week.

There is only a few days left to get your flies done and in the mail! :headbang:

Well I'm way behind schedule, spent a lot of time on one fly in particular and ended up coming to the concusion that it's not ready yet :wallbash: So looks like I'll be sending mine at the very last minute

Good Day,

Wow! That sounds like a lot of flies! Looks like we should have a lot to vote on. If I only lived near you Will I would love to help, but alas, I am a few hundred miles to the west... Which begs the question, with the large number of flies being submitted, when would you like to see the voting start? Mid January? I can't wait, should be a lot of great flies in the mix this year!

Steelie

Steelie,

I am having major foot surgery on the 4th so it will all depend on how much I can get around. I usually have them up by mid January but it may take me longer this year.

Good Day,

That certainly is a bunch of flies Will! Good luck!

Yeah I know about the surgery thing. Have had both shoulders worked on. At least the surgery is now vs. in the spring! At least give you time to recuperate before the fishing season opens again! Get on your feet soon! I can begrudgingly be patient! Hahaha... :D

Steelie

Sorry - did not make it this year :dunno:

Hoped to tye som flies in the hollydays, but I did not get the chance!

Now I have 2007 in mind and during the year I will tie some flies for the FTOTY :hypocrite:

God luck and Happy New Year to all of you

Ostfyn