Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Dream trip

I just got done watching a older (mid 80's) tape that i have had of salmon fishing in alaska and it got me to thinking.

If you could take a extra weeks fishing vacation and go to anyplace in the world were would you go and what would you fish for?

Personaly i would go ethier to Alaska for the kings on the kenai or to B.C for the monster steelhead. smile.gif

SD

Definitely the Amazon River. I'd take a 8 wt fly rod and a surf baitcaster and fish until I couldn't stand it anymore!

Second choice would be wherever the big Sturgeon roam. (Waitaminnit...does this have to be fly fishing?)

Scratch that then. Choice number two would be to go visit Jimmy Aw!! biggrin.gif

I would love to go to Alaska, but I have seen a few fly fishing shows filmed in New Zealand. I actually looked into it (briefly) and it will cost. Maybe sometime when I am retired and can afford it. N. Z. looked beautiful and the fishing looked awesome. Dream Trip someday.

It would be a toss-up between Labrador for big brookies or the Amazon basin for some VERY REMOTE fishing...

...of course, at this point, I'd be happy with the local park pond since everything- rivers/lakes/streams- are covered in ice here in the frozen north.

I would go to the Bahamas bone fishing or Florida for the Tarpon.Actually if I hadn't left it to late for research and getting a cheap flight I'd be going this year!

Where's troutbum live again? j_k.gif

For me it's a draw between Labrador w/big brookies or Alaska and catching Artic Char and Rainbows. Oh decisions decisions rolleyes.gif

Funny you should mention this topic. Some of my fishing buddies were having this

same conversation last weekend. Alaska and New Zeland were at the top of their list.

But I think British Columbia would be insane. I have a friend who is a commercial

fisherman out of Kitmat BC. Talk about remote. He fishes for Herring starting in April. Sell

just the roe to Japan. Makes a great living in about three months. Then motors up to Alaska

for Halabut. finishes you by July/August.

Anyway back to BC, all you would need is a good boat to get you into some of the remote coastal streams. It just makes my my head spin.