Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steelie Junkie

Hello

Found this site tonight and it looks great. My name is Greg a transplanted Canuck living in the Cleveland area. I'm a self professed steelhead junkie (as my wife calls me). I grew up in Northern Ontario and first fished for silver bullets on the St.Marys and rivers along the east coast of Lake Superior. I fish all of the Ohio and PA steelhead streams from October to April.

Welcome aboard Steelie Junkie

You came to the right place most of the members are steelhead crazy’s

Including myself. LOL

OSD.

I seen your addition to the database and noticed the link to steelheading101.com and I was there today getting a list of materials I'm gonna need for an upcoming Erie,PA trip. Glad to see have you aboard and hope you like the site and it's nice another member around here where I can learn a little more about Erie Steelhead! Hope to see you around here often.

Welcome Greg,

I think some of these guys understate how addicted to steel they are..... wink.gif

I'm located close by in Akron but work in Eastlake. Maybe we can catch up on spring trip to the Chagrin one day!

Welcome aboard,

As you've heard a bunch of the guys are steelie freaks, never done it myself but hope to. Hope you enjoy.

Fatman

QUOTE (SmallieHunter @ Feb 16 2004, 10:16 PM)
I seen your addition to the database and noticed the link to steelheading101.com and I was there today getting a list of materials I'm gonna need for an upcoming Erie,PA trip. Glad to see have you aboard and hope you like the site and it's nice another member around here where I can learn a little more about Erie Steelhead! Hope to see you around here often.

That's my website. I developed last year as my wife is web designer/instructor. Next month the steelhead will start running here in Ohio. Usually we get a better spring run than PA. The river to watch is the Conneaut, both states have been stocking fish into it for the past several years. That means the Conneaut will have steelhead from October to April. I've heard there has been documented cases of wild steelhead.

QUOTE (fishinlk @ Feb 16 2004, 10:22 PM)
Welcome Greg,
I think some of these guys understate how addicted to steel they are..... wink.gif

I'm located close by in Akron but work in Eastlake. Maybe we can catch up on spring trip to the Chagrin one day!

I live in North Olmsted and I mostly fish the Rocky. So far this winter I'm been using the centerpin as most of the fish are in deep pools. I'm gearing up for the spring run. Hopefully the warm weather this week will get the rivers open. I'm icthing to get the fly rod out.

The Rocky could be a nice trip, never been west yet.

Conneaut and I don't seem to get along very well. Every time I fish it's either bitter cold ar not too many fish in the river with the best spots taken. I've yet to get a good hook-up there but have caught fish in the other east Ohio rivers and most of the creeks.

addiction to steelies is dangerous...fished them for the first time this New Year. Going back in April....well worth the drive form south-central Kentucky!!!!

Welcome Steelie Junkie, from one steelhead freak to another. I recently joined this site and I love it. Great guys, stories and conversation. I live N.E. of the burgh and travel to erie quite often. I keeping hearing about the ohio streams and there spring runs. If you are ever hitting pa look for me on Elk, 99% of the time that is where I am at. I have covered many miles on that stream, trying to stay away from the crazies. Welcome again.

Steelie Junkie, just quickly took a look at your site and it looks good. I added it to my fav. list and will be back there checking it out.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this