Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
SmallieKiller

The Yankees can kiss my ass!

As if there wasn't enough to hate... Sheffield, Giambi, Rivera, Jeter, etc... My worst nightmares have come true... Why do they need A-Rod? Simple, because they can...

As a diehard Red Sox fan, this pains me greatly, but it will be sweeter than anything when the Yanks go down hard in the playoffs to my bean town boys...

Food for thought:

The Yankees luxury tax, is high enough to be the 13th highest payroll in the league. mmmmmmmm, baseball....

I'm with you on that Sk...........I've been a bosox fan for 42 years and never wavered (cringed a few times though)............just 2 years ago everyone was amazed that a team could have a 100 mil. payroll...........now the yanks are going to top 200 mil.........They are going thru arb. w/Gabe White and are in the hunt for Greg Maddux........unbelievable!!

not familiar with any of these names or terms....Is baseball that thing that is on during the summer...you know, just before football? biggrin.gif

I`m gonna save myself a shit load of words and don`t say anything. But I will sum everything up. Go A-Rod!!! and Go Yanks!! Yall are gonna win the series this year!!!!Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

being from new york and moving last year i still have to say that the yankees are the team. can you say babe ruth all over again? blaMe the management of the sox for you not getting a-rod. all it would have taken was 16 mil, pennies to a team like the redsox. its going to be sweet when arod sinks the sox in the alcs game 7 with a walk off homer. dont blame the yankees for paying all that money, they put their profits back into their team, all the other teams have the chance to do the same thing but dont. so blame the ownerships for being so greedy, the yankees are giving the fans what they want, MURDERERS ROW v2.

All you Yanks fans are killing me. Being from Pittsburgh, I see the real end, the small market, we're lucky to have a team, end of it. The Pirates blow, but we still go and have a good time.

Steinbrenner and the Yanks are a circus. I hated the Marlins when they bought the series in 96, and I'll hate the Yankees for doing it year in and year out. Luckly the Yankees have miss-spent lately and haven't managed to win despite the HUGE payroll. I didn't watch a single out of the World Series last year, but I was happy to hear the Yankees couldn't seal the deal against the much, much cheaper Marlins.

I will admit, the Red Sox, Yankees, and the Angels this year are turning baseball into the garbage that it is nowadays. At least my sport, hockey, is hopefully going to fix itself this off season. But it's slowly going the way of baseball...

wallbash.gif

I get tired of seeing the yankees in the post season every year as well!

But I cant say nothing because Im a Tiger's fan!!! bugeyes.gif Dang it being a Michigan Boy! wallbash.gif

This opinion is from nuetral ground (I'm a St. Louis fan)...

While it's nice to see that the best player in the game won't continue to be mired in the basement as a member of one of the league's worst teams (Texas), one has to wonder how fair it is to have such a huge disparity in the payrolls of different teams. The other three major sports have caps, and I believe that this has helped to bring those leagues towards a greater sense of parity. However, when one baseball team has a payroll of $200 million and can go spending however they want on available talent, and many other teams in the league have payrolls that are a mere one fifth of that $200 million, how is parity even on the radar screen?

No, the Yankees haven't won the Series in a few years, but they've been there competing for it. And with their spending, I won't be surprised if and when they get a quality left-handed pitcher before the deadline to replace those lefties from last year who are now gone.

And the Yankees aren't alone....the Sox have a very high payroll as well. And when teams have so much to spend, rooting for them to win is like rooting for the sun to rise....you just know it's gonna happen.

No disrespect meant to any fans out there....heck, St. Louis has plenty on their payroll too. I'm just suggesting that there are bigger issues at work here, and they need to be addressed.

I would have to agree that baseball has become less competitive and needs a salary cap for teams. The Cincy Reds are going to have a smaller budget than last year and they were talking about it on the radio and the big wigs in the front office are pocketing the luxury tax given to them and are not gonna spend one penny of it on player salary. The taxpayers gave the team a brand new stadium and the owner promised us a winning team if a new ball park would be built.....we built it....last year they were under .500 and next year looks even worse.

I think the Yankees just have the balls to spend that much money and if the Reds or any other team would assemble a team like that, people will come to the games. Merchandise and television money would go through the roof. If the Reds put a good team on the field people would come from Columbus,Lexington,Dayton,Indiapolis and Louisville just to watch the games and would make up the difference for the extra money being spent on the team.

Okay I'm originally from outside Buffalo and now transplanted to Vermont and can say I honestly don't like either team cause I'm an ORIOLES JUNKIE, I know they've been in the cellar so you can rib me I'm a big boy I can take it.

Boston could have gotten A-Rod but they were flat out TOO DAMN CHEAP!!!!!!! The Yankees I think got him just to bust the Red Sox's balls, but as has been the case lately no matter how much the Yanks spend they haven't gotten back to the big one, and the Red Sox no matter what they do can never seem to get there. (Just a little side rib to the Bosox fans, they keep saying it's been so long since they last won the series...... If you go by when MLB actually became the league Boston has NEVER won it LOL)

I've heard all about the non parity in teams and payrolls and THIS IS A FACT: The owners are to blame!!!!!!!!!!!!! The last bargaining they had with the unions the players agreed to a higher luxery tax and the owners were SUPPOSED to use it to try and even the playing field, at least that's what they stated in the negotiations.

You all know the answer, IN THE OWNERS POCKETS and you can believe it will stay there as has already been proven. Don't worry about Maddux going to the Yanks he's going home to Chicago just signed a 3 year $47Million?? deal this morning.

Maybe it will take a strike and I hate to say this I hope they do strike because the price of baseball is just totally out of hand. When you have to pay $200+ just to take your kids to a ball game?? Sorry guys we'll have to watch it on the TV, although it's just not the same, maybe we just need to string up all the managers.

Ok I'm off the soap box.

Fatman

Frankly I don't give a crap about this trade for several reasons.

• The Yankees have taken a hit on pitching over the winter. They aren't as good as they used to be. And pitching is what wins pennants.
  • On a statistical basis they are only a slightly better offensive team.
  • In the field A-Rod will be learning a new position.
  • Eventually even the Yankees have to hit the maximum they can spend on players salaries. And this puts them closer to it. biggrin.gif

At least thats the $0.02 from this Red Sox fan.

baseball, what that hell is that. isnt that where you play with your stick and balls?? i dont get it, never like baseball, never will. a bunch of overpaid crybabies who get hurt walking out of the dugout.

give me football, hockey, track and ameture (olympic style) wrestling and i am all set for a good afternoon of laziness!