Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
fcflyguy

dry fly

You could also tie the f fly its proably the easiest pattern in the world to tie. It was the first dry I ever tied, then i added a colar hackle to the fly and its been a great fish catcher.

A good blue winged olive is hard to beat! The fly is a standard Catskill tie with hackle tip wings. It can be done with natural mallard flank as bundled fiber wings, though, and an elk hair caddis tied with blue winged olive colors also works.

Clark's Stonefly, tied size 14-16 as a caddis, is a pretty straight forward pattern. Just tie something and then go catch a fish on it.

Good Day,

The Adam's is still pretty big here in Michigan - the state of its creation. I find it to be one of the go to dry flies on small streams and creeks throughout the season.

Steelie

Have to agree with "mtn" gotta be the easiest fly "F fly" to begin of with :headbang: Ideal for small streams.

[You could also tie the f fly its proably the easiest pattern in the world to tie.]

Materials I would use: Fly-rite dubbing,very fine copper wire and 3 Mallard CDC feathers.

Best Of luck.

tight lines

Mike .S