Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Any Members From Nebraska?

Bump - How about the rivers/lakes in surrounding states, (Colorado/Wyoming) still within a days drive of Sidney?

Mike

Sounds like someone is going to Cabela's. biggrin.gif

I don't know the area that well to give you exact names/locations, but have spent alot of time back there. Yes, the North Platte and South Platte rivers are both good. Not sure when you plan to go. Just be forewarned that in that area through spring you have a chance at snow and heatwaves in SAME DAY!! My family homesteaded that area, and still live back there. So I go back to visit, and used to help out on the family farm back there (30 square miles of it). laugh.gif Have relatives in Sidney, Ogallalla, Imperial, and Champion (and probably a few other cities around there too).

There is a huge reservoir near Sidney. Escapes me at the moment. But if you go into Cabela's they can give you the info (and you can buy your gear to boot) while you're there. Plus, there are a few places to fish in Colorado (that part of Wyoming is mostly a climb up the rockies in a days drive).

If you plan to go to Cabela's (if you're in Sidney near the flagship original Cabela's superstore you HAVE to stop), make sure you hit the Bargain Cave in the back. By far one of the best I've seen of the 4-5 Cabela's I've been to. Mostly because I know they used to get alot of their overflow from the main distribution centers there in Nebraska.