Fly Tying
FlyBoyJack

Do you agree

So if that is true then we should just become proficient with tying and presenting only one fly and we will catch fish every time we go out. I am afraid as much as I love the catch, it is the hunt that is the most alluring. the catch is simply the reward for a successful hunt.

So if that is true then we should just become proficient with tying and presenting only one fly and we will catch fish every time we go out. I am afraid as much as I love the catch, it is the hunt that is the most alluring. the catch is simply the reward for a successful hunt.

I think you just summed up fishing in a few words there :P

how can you figure a creature that doesn't think...

i've seen trout refuse naturals after following them downstream (nose to fly) but caught the same fish on some sort of concoction on a hook...

if the presentation is to the fishes liking then whatever you're using has a chance to get that fish to open it's mouth and "investigate" it...but that doesn't work all the time (thankfully)

I agree to a certian extent if a fly is poorly tied and is the right size and colour a trout will take it, on the other hand if a fly is too big, wrong colour, or wrong species a trout will not touch it. Even if the fly is the wrong colour but the right size will sometimes when there are multiple hatches. You have to understand much of my expirence comes from chironomid fishing.

Cheers, kt