Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

anyone ever try one of these reels?

Pflueger Trion

If you have let me know what you think of them

I need to get a few reels for Some of my steelhead fly rods.

and I can't afford to keep dropping 245.00 for Hairis Reels

as much as I would like to

OSD.

I am a huge Plueger fan....that's all I'll use...and these are great reels!!! If I was going to spend money on a very nice, rugged, but economical reel, this would be it! I have used them one three occasions and found them to be smooth, light, and have great drags for those deep, hard runs....I like them a lot, Bob...well lworth the money

Thanks Chris

Do you think they will stand up to a 10-15 pound fresh run Steelie with out comming apart?

Bob

haha!!! oh yea....my $12 Meadalist, which is now 14 years old, had no problems whatsoever getting them in, and it is a 5-7 wt reel......very nice design and craftsmanship with these reels, Bob....classic stylings and very dependable action....the Trion would handle a big steelie with confidence.....i am biased towards the Pleugers, that's what I grew up fishing, but I have never had one let me down.

thumbup.gif I still have 2 medalist of old.......a 1498 and a rare 1499cj anti reverse......... both hold 300 yards of 30 lb. backing and a 12 wt line !! thumbsup.gif

Just saw one of these pflurgers the other day, looks nice, the drag seemed strong as well.

Sign in to follow this