Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
AK-Edge

Tying some gifts

Well I am sitting here at my bench tying a few gifts for my family. After tying what seems to be 23536363 of the same pattern this session I figured I would get on here and see how many of you are tying anything as a Christmas gift? Right now I am tying a bunch of my variation of the Purple Death for the King Salmon fisherman of the family with a lot of Elk Hair Caddis next on the list. What are you all tying?

Have a Merry Christmas all!

Right on. Yeah I am not quite talented enough yet to make flies good enough to frame. Maybe I just havent found a pattern that really intrigues me enough to have framed yet...

Mailing christmas balls with a humming bird fly I found on faol looks really cool tied with golden pheasant.

I wish I could get one of the guys on here to tie up a few really cool presetation salmon flies for me to put in a frame for my wifes new ofice she would love that.

Steve

I made dad a frame of a couple of my Atlantic Salmon flies. He was thrilled and I have to say, it turned out pretty good. :yahoo:

Merry Christmas to everyone!

post-5737-1166997817_thumb.jpg

I'm the only flyfisher in my family but the rest are big time bass fishermen so I tied up a bunch of bass jigs and spinner baits this year adding fly tying materials to make them different than what they can buy (i.e. krystal flash).

I also bought my nephew a fly rod so next year maybe I won't be the only flyfisher ;)