Fly Tying
Bryanfly15

Is anyone out there?

Not a problem, I understand. You do want you gotta do and take care of that nun. Hope we can fish tegether sometime. Hopefully those people won't be looking for you on some stream or would they?

What streams do you like to fish or did I already get that info. from you?

Years ago, I lived where the Allegheny and The Kiskiminetas River merged. Are there any fish in the Kiski River, and are they edible? Is New Kensington High School called the Red Raiders? I was born in Springdale and played a lot of sports locally, football, baseball and basketball. That was many years ago.

California is getting ready for some heavy rain and snow for the next couple days. hopefully the burned areas from the fall fires don't get wiped out with mudslides.

Have a good one.

Pat

(I hear the Kiski is a great river. Try Fish Erie. Go to the Discussion boards.)

Bry, I fish the 3 Rivers a lot. I like Lock 3 (Cheswick) on the Allegheny and the mouth of Montour Creek the most. There are, of course, many great spots in-between. I fish Lake Arthur in Moraine State Park at least once a month during open water. Neshannock Creek is my favorite trout stream. I like fishing Riverfront park on South Side too, on the Monongehela.

Every Blue moon I make it out to Hereford Manor in Zelienople, and maybe 3 or 4 times a year I get up to Lake Erie. So far only for the Steelhead, but this year I'd like to get up there during warm weather for Bass, Pike and panfish in the Bay.

Dashields Dam is another nice spot. To be honest, I've kinda gotten lazy over the past 5 years when it comes to exploring. There are many spots I want to try, Penn's Creek, the Youghogheny(sp?), The Clarion river, waaaay up the Allegheny from Kinzua and the next 20 miles. I just have spots that are productive enough to make me happy, and my focus has been on technique more than exploration.

Maybe we can get J. Johnson to guide us on Lock 3 this Spring. Well, at least we can pick his brain for the good spots! It's a nice place to wade when the water isn't raging. Lock 2 is nice, it's just hard to find a safe place to park on the Sharpsburg side. The lock side is nice though. You can't do a ton of wading, but if you can roll cast, there is some great fishing there.

The mouth of Pine Creek is on my to-do list. If I had somebody to prod me along, I'd get off my butt and check it out. It's supossed to be good for Sauger and Smallmouth, and have plenty of room for a fly fisher. The upper stretch of Pine is stocked with Trout, and is another nice place to fish.

The Point (Point State Park) is known to hold some nice fish all the way around. Let's look at doing some catching!

Patty, the Kiski is fishing and does have fish (edible dunno.gif ). It is nice to know that I am talking to a living historian of the area ( j_k.gif ). The high school is now "Valley High School" - the Valley Vikings. Do you miss the area? If you ever come back this way, let me know and we will hit a trout stream or two.

Watch for the mud.

Luvinbluegills - I have fished and still do fish lock 3 dam area. Deer creek dumps in not far below the dam. I have waded lock 3 and up into the mouth of Deer creek.

I do like Neshanny and the Yough and do fish both. I haven't hit Pine in several years (only the trout area).

I have heard about the mouth of Montour, only good things. I don't fly fish the rivers too often, I am mainly a stream/creek/sm. river guy. I like to walk and "hunt" the fish.

Soon enough we will hopefully meet on a waterway. I have to take you to fish Buffalo (dhalo sec.). I do fish other parts of Buffalo as well. I will be heading up there this weekend I hope.

Hi Bryan

It's Pat , not Patty.I'm not a she.

I can remember the good old days, when the beers of choice were Fort Pitt, Duquesne, Iron City, Carlings Black Label and, of course Rolling Rock in 6 oz. bottles. Ive always been a Pirate and Steeler fan, went to many games at Forbes Field. Loved to go to the Pirate pre-game warm-ups to watch Roberto Clemente throw the ball. What a rifle. He has always been my favorite ballplayer. The Seelers of the seventies were somethin special.

My wife and I go back to Pa. occasionally, but the California style of living is tough to beat. We even got to feel an earthquake yesterday, now that gets to rattle your bones a little.

Have a good one, who knows I may take you up on the fly fishing.

Pat Carroll

Sorry about that Pat, didn't know. Maybe your last name influenced me without me even thinking about it.

I have an aunt that lives out there somewhere in Cally. With earthquakes, mudslides, wildfires, smog, traffic and the state floating off into the ocean, I will chill here in Pa.

Hope you do come back sometime and we can go wet the lines. The Steelers will be back, hopefully the pirates will come closer to having a winning season.

Great talking with another burgh boy from across the way.