Air Temperature: 66 degrees F.

Water Temperature: 49 degrees F.

Winds: S, Average 6 mph, Gusts 14 mph.

Cloud Cover: 0%

Precipitation: 0.00 in.

Barometric Pressure: 30.17 v

Hatch: None visible

Type of Bait and Name: Nymph; Bead Head Pheasant Tail #16

Description of Fish caught and Number: 5 Browns and missed 5 more, ranged from 8 to 12 inches.

Comments: The River was in the normal. range. Only saw a couple of rises. Did see a couple large Stoneflies, and a couple of Dun Mayflies, probably Hendricksons.

Fish Crazy, I know exactly where you are talking about but sorry to say that I have never fish there. I have seen plenty of vehicles there and it does look rather Picturesque and I do wish you Merriment. wink.gif

Edited by Bear Coat

How has the weather been down that way? Do you guys know anyplace online to check flow levels? I'm hoping to get out saturday, but its been raining a lot up here (Canton), so I'm assuming the same there, in which case the river is probably unfishable.

I live in cincy......it has been raining for three straight days sad.gif

I haven't heard the flows but you can call Mad River Outfitters toll free: 888-451-0363

Good Luck!

The last report that the Mad River Outfitters has listed is a week old and is outdated. But the creeks around here are starting to get muddy.

We have had about an inch of rain this week but the water is not out of its banks yet. It does not look like they are calling for anymore rain until Saturday night.

The history of the River is that it clears up rather quickly so there may be the possiblity that the River just might be OK come Saturday.

Good Luck to you. wink.gif

I am hoping to be out the tomorrow around noon.

I am planning on trying some of these streamers I have been tying the last couple of days. I do not know if any of these streamers already have a name for them or not. These are unweighted streamer and this is going to be my first outing with them.

It seems for the last couple of weeks the Doctor appointments have been getting in my way for getting out there. They are trying again tomorrow but it will be an early morning for them so my afternoon is mine. wink.gif

Today's Fishing Report: April 29, 2004

Time: 3:00 pm until 5:00 pm.

Air Temperature: 75 degrees F.

Water Temperature: 60 degrees F.

Winds: SSW, Average 14 mph, Gusts 38 mph.

Cloud Cover: 40% High

Barometric Pressure: 30.11 >

Type of Bait and Name: Nymph; Bead Head Pheasant Tail #16

Description of Fish caught and Number: 1 Browns and 1 Creek Chub (both were about 9" each.), missed several more

Comments: The River was in the normal. range. Only saw a few of rises. Did see a couple of Dun Mayflies, probably Hendricksons.

I did try some of my Streamers but only had a couple of light taps on them.

My weekend trip never materialized - way too busy. As of tomorrow, I am gone, but I'll be back in June and ready to hit the river. headbang.gif Hope to see some of you Ohio guys then. Regards!!

Today's Fishing Report: May 6, 2004

Time: 12:15 pm until 1:45 pm.

Air Temperature: 82 degrees F.

Water Temperature: 56 degrees F.

Winds: SSW, Average 17 mph, Gusts 30 mph.

Cloud Cover: 10% High

Barometric Pressure: 30.01 >

Type of Bait and Name: Nymph; Bead Head Pheasant Tail #14, Green Caddis #14

Description of Fish caught and Number: 5 Browns, ranged from 9” to 10 ½”, and missed several more

Comments: The River was in the normal range and but the water was stained. I saw no of rises.

The main thing was, that I got out and had some fun. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (SmallieHunter @ May 6 2004, 03:52 PM)
Man what a great day to get out.....lucky you!

I have to admit that it was a nice day, but I would much rather have a cloudy day. wink.gif But like they say, "Beggers can't be choosey."

Today's Fishing Report: May 13, 2004

Time: 11:45 am until 1:45 pm.

Air Temperature: 78 degrees F.

Water Temperature: 60 degrees F.

Winds: SSW, Average 8 mph, Gusts 25 mph.

Cloud Cover: 80% High changed to 100% Low

Precipitation: Trace

Barometric Pressure: 30.04 v

Type of Bait and Name: Nymph; Bead Head Pheasant Tail #14

Description of Fish caught and Number: 1 Brown, 10 ½”, 2 Rainbows, 9”, 1 Creek Chub, 5”and missed several more and Lost 2, they don’t count until I bring them in to me. Long distance release to me is not a catch.

Comments: The River was in the normal range and color. I saw a few rises.

well, i'm settled in for the summer... working nights. I get off through the week at 8 in teh morning and am usually willing to take a couple hours to fish. i haven't been out since i've been home, unfortunately. let me know if you're planning to be out any mornings between 8-10.

http://mvff.tripod.com/tightlines.htm

This is the website of the miami valley flyfishers. It has good info. on the Mad as well as a link to a site that has supposedly "up to the minute" accuracy on water levels/flow. when you get to the website, go to the section labeled "local waters".

mike

Sign in to follow this