Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Alex C.

Adams Dry Fly Contest

The reason I said Mustad was I figured most people have them. I like Daiichi hooks myself and will have to go pick some mustads up just for this. The reason I would like veryone to use the same hook is just for the sake of competition. This way it won't be the person with the lightest hook that sinks last, but the person who tied their fly the best

Im half way tempted to try this. I have some hackle form termite I could use. hmm sounds like a challenge im in!!! :headbang:

If I use your recipe how far can I alter it ??? Other than using foam and deer hair. My idea is to use the dubbing for the body but put it in a loop made from a different material not thread??? Do I have to use the dubbing for the body???? can I use a synthetic material instead???

Im half way tempted to try this. I have some hackle form termite I could use. hmm sounds like a challenge im in!!! headbang.gif

If I use your recipe how far can I alter it ??? Other than using foam and deer hair. My idea is to use the dubbing for the body but put it in a loop made from a different material not thread??? Do I have to use the dubbing for the body???? can I use a synthetic material instead???

I'd like everyone to stay ass close to the recipe as possible, for just these reasons, it wouldn't be fair to someone who stuck to it to compete against someone who tied an irresistable adams, or a foam one, etc. This is just to see who can tie the longest floating dry fly, I chose an adams because everyone can always use a few more adams' in their box :lol:

Ok I can't take it any more I looked and looked at this stinkin' post and I'm in I think this will be pretty fun and I can't wait to watch my fly sink the second it hits the water on a webcast. :)

Steve

P.S. good luck to all.

Im in........when do we need them in by? And, does anyone have a few hooks I could have, Id send you something for em, just make an offer.