Fly Tying
Big Todd

Stonefly Nymph Swap

OK guys,

I got a PM from Jon G today. His flies are on the way. I should have them by Friday. :D If there are no objections I'll ship out on Mnday the 26th. :dunno:

Thanks for everyones patience. B)

BT

Jon G's flies arrived today and they look great!!

I'll try to ship everything on Monday. :D

Thanks Jon and everyone else. You will all be happy to see a real nice set of flies. :headbang:

Every set is great. :yahoo:

Later,

BT

I am crossing my fingers that they get here by Thursday. I am leaving for the Pere Marquette on Friday morning and they sure would come in handy.

Randy

Geozip,

Sorry I can't post pics but if someone else has a good digital camera and some free time it would be appreciated. My camera is pretty basic and takes bad pictures of stuff this small.

Randy,

It's up to the postal service on that one. I live in a pretty remote part of Montana, up in the Northwest corner. Sometimes they are lightning fast and other times like snails. We'll see. :dunno:

Flies are on the way everyone. :headbang:

Another awesome swap is in the books. I think you will all like what you're getting. This is gonna make a nice box of Stone nymphs for all! B)

Hopefully everyone in the US will have them by the weekend.

You guys in Canada, you just never know. :dunno: :dunno:

Anyway, thanks everyone for getting in this swap and making it a success. Great job everyone!! :clapping:

Later,

BIG TODD

Let me know when they arrive everyone.

A couple of things that some guys need to know.

When shipping across international borders, you need to do one of two things..

1. Send US currency to pay for postage.

2. Use international reply coupons.

The reason for this is Canadian postage is no good here and US postage is no good there.

I had one swapper send US currency, thankfully the cash he sent was enough to cover both packages. :thumbsup: Not to worry, I know Kerry from past swaps and he doesn't expect to be reimbursed. He is always willing to help as am I. :cheers:

For you guys here in the States I also have a couple of suggestions...

1. Do not send a normal business size envelope as your SASE.

2. Match or exceed the amount of postage it took to ship the flies.

Regular envelopes are to small and thin for the rigors of shipping. They will most likely tear open during transit. :boxed: As far as postage goes, if it costs 63 cents or 87 cents to get the fly box to the SM; it's going to cost the same or more to get it back to you. Kerry and I covered all the postage issues, and I replaced a couple of envelopes. I personally don't think it's a big deal as an SM who usually gets extras from everyone. :clapping: I love swapping and it's worth the extra time and a few stamps for me to make sure my swap runs smoothly.

Some swapmeisters may not be as forgiving.

Please don't look at this as complaining. :nopity: :crying: I am only trying to be helpful. I got enough really nice flies, not to mention extra flies, and enjoyment out of this swap to cover any and all of these items. I hope you all enjoy your set of flies as much as I enjoyed hosting this swap. :D

All the flies in this swap ROCK! :punk:

Thanks again everyone!!

BIG TODD

Yahooooeeeeey.

The stonefly hatch here on the Gunny is coming up pretty soon. Can't wait to try them out.

Thanks for hosting this swap Big Todd. It was alot of fun and a PITA at the same time. :hyst: Those have got to be the most time consuming fly I have ever tied.

I got mine!!! :headbang: Nice set of flies all!!! who did the golden stone?? I have a question about the under body. How did you get it so flat!!!