Fly Tying
Linesides

Our getaway in the woods

post-3582-1168186966_thumb.jpgWell folks here it is, our cabin in the woods. Only 700sf but only 25K for the kit delivered.

And I have a loft area just for me. Should be finished inside by March or April.

Dave

Looks great! I've been trying to talk the wife into one when the kids leave in a few more years. I keep telling her we wont need anything bigger than that. She's worried about grandkids being able to stay with us---I'm worried about kids moving back in :hyst:

Duckydoty

We only have 1 bedroom for that very reason. It is big enough for her and I, we could sleep 6 if needed for a party or something.

I've noticed it as your avatar the past week or so and thought it was a neat looking cabin. Thats 25K delievered is not bad at all. How long did it take to build? did you do it yourself or hire someone to do it?

Steve

I've been meaning to mention your avatar. I love the design of this cabin. Very nice. Congrat's!!! I'm sure you are anxious to move in.

Dave: Nice looking place. We've got a similar kit log building for a camp here in Maine, and we love it.

Congratulations, and have fun!

Bill

:headbang: Outstanding! The wife and i have a similiar dream for our retirement. We hope to wind up in Maine w/a similiar setup. Is this cabin in Mass.?

I used to build those cabins, and I live in a kit cabin now, they are great!!!! and easy to heat. Very nice place ya got there!!!

Dustin.

post-3582-1168220611_thumb.jpgThe cabin is located in central NH, it is nice has a large pond with nice bass in it as well as mountain views. BillB the cabin was bought from a company in Kenduskeag ME they have free delivery through all New England. SD 25K cover from the sill to the last shingle and all in between. I had to pay for a experienced builder to put it all together. As well as the electrical,HVAC,etc. Thought about doing it myself with family and friends but the requirements for squaring it up, etc scared me away.

This thing is built out of 8 x 10 solid logs and 10 x 10 beams for supports etc. I will post more pictures but from the inside it looks like a medival log cabin.

Its coming along nice started building it in Sept, should move in for black fly season or maybe sooner.

This picture shows the beam work around the windows and the main upright, there are 4 of these.

I did a double take when I saw the cabin. My brother built the same cabin in Noerthern Michigan this past summer. Wife and I spent a week there in October. It's in the middle of 40 acres of woods backed by National Forest. It even sits on very similar ground, and looks exactly like his when standing in front of the outhouse. (he has indoor plumbing, but always wanted an outhouse) Very cool.

CC I think you posted a thread about that trip and the weather being pissy but it was relaxing. All we have is septic and a well. Power is off the pole but we are not sure about cable. Like to just get a nice stereo and a TV for DVD's.

Thought about a wood stove but went with a monitor heater. She didnt like the idea of wood in the house.

I know I tried to tell her but she will come around by next winter.

Man......I am so envious! Please keep the pix coming so we can see the progress!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.