Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
steelprince

Protecting materials

So, I was at my bench today and poured a hook out of a storage container. When I looed in my hane there was a little bug in it. Kinda catepillar-ish. I don't know if it's a problem and I been researching looking for pics of bugs, but no luck. Anybody know the different types of bugs tiers have problems with? I'm concerned but not too concerned cause the bug couldhave been in my hook drawer, but I don't really know where it came form. I do know this: I've gotta go through my materials and re-up my mothballs. So twop questions:

1. What are the types of bugs we have problems with?

2. How often do you who use mothballs replenish?

thanks

I use mothballs but also a couple of urinal cakes from the Harware store (same chemicials as moth balls). I start by tearing a small corner open on the package. It slowly dries up and more of the package is oppened, when it disapears and is dried up to nothing I replace them. From 6 months to a year. Moth balls should last for a very long time. Where I do use moth balls I put them in with materials in a closed airtight container. I have never replaced any yet.