Fly Tying
CapeBSalar

Challenge for the "Homework"

Well, I found some really neat greeting cards on Ebay and the one that features a Pampadour style Greenhighlander really excites me.

I wish I had the time or talent to tackle this fly myself, maybe one day.

My challenge to the group is would somebody be willing to tackle this fly for the Homework project, since the fly is the Green Highlander, this would be amazing to see tied.

Does anyone have any tips on dressing such a fly, I'd love to see what the group thinks on this one.

Here's a picture for reference.

Damian

post-1500-1168958275_thumb.jpg

The beautiful flies on the cards are tied by a Dane, of cource. It is the very talented Flemming Dam Nielsen, who unfortunately not are active in tying anymore. The technique: Note that the hook on the GH is eyed. The wire is bend back behind the wing. The wing are guided and locked between the wires.

Mvh

Martin

Challenge Dave Carne and Davie McPhail, but really, I think all you have to do is look at the Green Highlanders they've already tied and posted here. Within the last week, both have posted two spectacular versions here.

Ray

Brewer, thank you for the compliment!

Hr. Bach, I was lucky enough to win these this weekend on Ebay. I now own the set!! I got them for a steal too!!

I'll have to look t he tyer up.

All the Best,

Damian