Fly Tying
Griff

My Daughter's First Fly

Well both my daughters have been bugging (get it?) me to let them tie a fly. We sat down the other night and they both gave it a try. My oldest did pretty well. My youngest now keeps asking me "When can we do some more hooks"?

IPB Image

IPB Image

She even got the rotary tying down well.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Dude thats great, she looks like she is concentrating so hard as well. I cant wait till my baby comes and gets old enough to learn to tie. tell em girls to keep up the good work.

Dustin

That's a nice looking vise SHE'S got. maybe if you behave she'll let you use it....after you are done eating your dry Lucky Charms and drinking from your sippy cup! haha

Awesome...like Dustin said....great concentration. Wait till you llet them select their own colors and patterns...my daughter came up with what I will for lack of a better description, the Barbie fly!!!

Hot Tuna

PS That was a long time ago.

Looks familiar.....My daughters do the same thing. :D

You get some of the best, most intense looks from them while tying i'd bet too. :lol: B)

Ya gotta love kids who get involved in our hobbies. This here is gonna be a lasting bond for you, and your children. Mines only 7, and has no interest in tying, although she loves the way they look. One plus, is that she loves fishing. Im crossing my fingers and praying :) that she'll want to tie flies with me some day.

griff, thats awsome. your pictures were spied by my middle daughter and spiked her intrest alittle more. every once in a while she gets the bug and ties a few up and after seeing your daughter she was asking me to find a kid swap for her. let me know if you want to do somthing like that and i'd be glad to host it. Great fly your girls are working on by the way.

chris

Taz, thats awsome. your pictures were spied by my middle daughter and spiked her intrest alittle more. every once in a while she gets the bug and ties a few up and after seeing your daughter she was asking me to find a kid swap for her. let me know if you want to do somthing like that and i'd be glad to host it. Great fly your girls are working on by the way.

chris

Chris: My 11-year-old daughter is asking the same question -- she's in if you host a kid swap.

Griff: Great photos of your girls -- glad they're having fun tying!

Bill

Outstanding photos! It is wonderful to see the level of concentration on your daughters face in the first and last photos. She should be very proud of her well tied fly. :thumbup: